Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Power Window broken. How Much Voltage is Normal from the Power Window Plug?

Hello everyone I am diagnosing an issue with my left rear power window. This is the only window that does not operate (although the bushings need to be replaced in the RR door). Power door lock and the speaker still work. Issue: Window does not operate up or down, no motor sounds. The power at...
  2. I

Best Way to Seal Cut Open Headlights?

I'm finally doing an HID retrofit on my 2nd Gen Explorer. I was unable to loosen the glue, (even at 300 degrees F, the glue was not budging) so I just cut the first headlight open with my Dremel. Now that I am about to order parts, I am wondering about resealing the housings after the retrofit...
  3. I

Check Engine Code 214

About a year ago the check engine light illuminated showing the code (among others) 214. The light eventually went off until it came back on about 6 weeks ago and it has not stopped since. To my understanding it is the Camshaft Position Sensor or Crankshaft Position Sensor, but how can I be sure...
  4. I

Wiring Up a Factory Fog Light Switch

In my mission to have better visibility at night, I am adding fog lights to my Explorer that didn't come with them from the factory. I picked up a bezel with a fog light switch from a JY so I could have a factory appearance, but I am not sure how to wire up the four wires(I'm colorblind so my...
  5. I

Solved What's the Best Way to Roll Forward JY Odometer?

For over ten years, my odometer has caught less than a third of the actual mileage. I just bought an odometer that is closer to the actual mileage, but it is still about 60k off. What's the best(and safest) way to add 60k miles to an odometer without breaking any of the anti fraud devices? I...
  6. I

Check Engine Light with Code 214.

When I started my Explorer this afternoon(4.0 OHV with 300k) I saw the dreaded Check Engine light. The light came on about a year ago but went off before I could check the engine. I popped the hood and used a paper clip to check the codes, 633(Vehicle must be in 2x4 high or 4x4 high. My gem...
  7. I

1995 Check Engine Light & intermittent low idle

My Check Engine Light sometimes comes on, what is the recommended way to figure out what is wrong? Being a 95 it does not have an obd2 port. I sometimes experience a low idle, it may stall if I can't get it moving soon enough after starting. Also, it is worth noting that it has not had its...
  8. I

Roof rack removal

I decided to restore my roof rack, this morning I removed the rear roof rack with ease,the front was a different story, a passenger side screw isn't coming off. It just turns, and appears to be damaged in some way. I would like to avoid painting the rack while on the vehicle if at all possible...
  9. I

James' 95' XLT 4x4

This is my Explorer, I plan to use this thread to post pictures and show my restorations, personalizations, improvements and so on. I'll list my specs so there is no confusion. 1995 Ford Explorer XLT, 4x4, 4.0 OHV v6, 310,000 estimated miles Bought new in November of 95', "the Explorer" has been...
  10. I

Replacing Radiator... Fan won't come off.

After my Explorer dumped coolant in the Walmart parking lot I figured it was time to replace the Radiator. After getting the parts and a degree from YouTube university I started the disassembly. Hours later I find myself dirty, cold, and band-aided without the radiator removed. The fan clutch...
  11. I

Bull/Push Bar thoughts? Suggestions?

So, running for more than an hour each week down a small, unlit, truck route has taught me that the lights on my beloved Explorer are pathetic. I don't have too much faith in the "upgraded" halogens or the aftermarket LED upgrades(too many bad stories). After some thoughts I landed on the idea...
  12. I

Cover recommendations?

My Explorer sits outside all day, I was wondering if you guys had tried any car covers that you would recommend. I usually drive by myself so getting someone to take off the cover with me would be something to avoid if possible. 1995 Ford Explorer, Four door. Thank you!
  13. I

A newbie says "hey"

So I take it this is where I introduce myself? I usually ignore the introductions but in this case I'll introduce myself. My current vehicle is a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 with the 4.0 v6. It's a "hand me down" vehicle but I love it just the same. It's been put up wet, towed more weight than...
Back