Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited

Called the dealer and there is no new tsb for that issue... they believe the problem was fixed with 2017s....he'll check it out for me and find out if the seat back are supposed to cool as well. In any case, wanted to ask you and others that have cooling seats... do the fronts of your front row...
  2. F

Oh wow!!! Wasn't aware of that!!!! Thank you!!!!
  3. F

Congrats!!! Lots to learn for sure.... used massaging seats now and then .... very cool.... love sync 3 so far much easier to use than older sync on our 2013 escape. The only thing that I would have loved is if the seats not only cooled on the seat bottoms which we use regularity, but would...
  4. F

Could not agree more .... love riding it and the handling... as for my wife , well for some reason to date she hasn't driven it even once... has her own Escape now.... however, we haven't gone on any really long treks yet... only 5-6 hours the longest and I drove all the time and really did not...
  5. F

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I got a deflector from ford... yes, it is removable as I just removed it while applying a paint sealant... simple philips screws... real easy... also great if you want to clean the back side of the deflector...
  6. F

Sorry about the delayed response... been busy working and life kept us busy not to mention did a whole pile of research and ended up buying a 2013 Escape with 2.0L Ecoboost Titanium for my wife... now love both the Ex and Escape... the ecoboost is a riot to drive on The escape and really peppy...
  7. F

I've only got 1200 Kim's on mine and haven't really driven through any muddy areas so I won't have any useful input at this time ..... I did however notice that my back window gets far more dirty under normal driving conditions than our van.
  8. F

Oil Change interval

Thanks for the heads up....
  9. F

Oil Change interval

Seen that video on you tube as I was researching doing an oil change on my new explorer. It's been about a decade since I've done my own oil changes and after doing a lot of reading here, watching videos, reading about various oil change intervals and diffrent synthetic oils, I have decided...
  10. F

Ordering a New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited

I believe the dealer installed mine even though factory ordered them..., they also installed mud flaps even though factory ordered them as well....
  11. F

Woohoo! Good for you!!! Looks like mine... love it.
  12. F

Oil Change interval

My dealer recommended the same ..,,
  13. F

Hang in there... it's worth the wait... and when it comes you'll very quickly forget the wait .
  14. F

Oil Change interval

Thanks for sharing regarding the IOLM....
  15. F

Oil Change interval

Extended mileage one....damn the auto correct features on our phones
  16. F

Oil Change interval

Thanks guys, my driving may fall under the severe category with many short trips so I have always been changing the oil at about 5000 kms which in fact is in fact just over 3100 miles... hmmm didn't realize it was that few miles till now.... guess I forgot as Canada switched to metric so, so...
  17. F

Oil Change interval

Thanks.... yes, interesting reading....amazing how secretive all this is and there are no real clear cut winners and available proof.... seems one product can be better in one aspect and another in something else and the third in yet something else....we can only do so much research... and as...
  18. F

Oil Change interval

That's exactly what I'm leaning towards... thanks for your input!
  19. F

Oil Change interval

Well gents I've been reading all the oil change posts with interest and especially this one. You see, I have about 400 kms on my new Explorer and so I'm researching what I will be doing going forward in terms of oil changes etc. I used to do oil changes at home but I think I'll bring it to the...
  20. F

By the way Fetch, the Husky liners are great ... all three rows... got credit card statement and they end up costing just over $500 cdn ouch! But really like them. Apparently my mud flaps are in and yes labour is included and I should have them installed next Friday along with the Ford bug...
  21. F

Sound like a plan. Funny enough, I gave my 2week old Ex limited with buckets and console a quick hand wash today and was washing my clear coated 20" polished wheels while all along thinking of this thread and how long they would last .... for the moment, they look really good when clean.
  22. F

2017 radiator screen

I've seen that done years ago... don't remember where I've seen it but yes, it would go on the front of radiator to stop the bugs from getting stuck in the radiator cooling fins. Aluminum would be the way to go... great idea.., glad I read this on the forum today... forgot all about it.
  23. F

Car Cleaning Rituals

Well folks, the new Ex have almost 300 kms on it and has been sitting in my garage for the most part of the last 2weeks... still have my Riv and keep driving it as it's been raining/snowing ... overall crappy outside for the most part. So the Ex is dirty and the rust proofing has almost...
Back