Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. CarsAndCaffeine

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Seem to be coming pretty popular now but finally installed my flag decals on my back side windows. I'm a big fan of the look personally. Also fully detailed my car and got some decent pics!
  2. CarsAndCaffeine

How did you color match the black plastic trim around the bottom? Wrap or paint? Can't tell if thats stock ruby red or if all the red is a wrap
  3. CarsAndCaffeine

Tuning and Bolt Ons

Happy to help. Currently I am on my 4th revision to my tune as we are just working on getting everything dialed in just right for the vehicle and my likes. I know that this back and forth process is normal. It is my understanding that if in the future I add a new mod and want my tune updated it...
  4. CarsAndCaffeine

Tuning and Bolt Ons

Personally I went with Brew City Boost and couldn't be happier. 1 they are a bit cheaper, and 2 they work with you to build a custom tune for your set up and wants rather than just an off the shelf tune. They send you a base tune and then you drive it for a while and record information that you...
  5. CarsAndCaffeine

Front Lip Splitter

Do you still have the picture? I haven’t seen one but I’d be interested in seeing how it looks.
  6. CarsAndCaffeine

Here is a screen shot from the video I recorded to verify that it was working haha. I can get a better picture soon but this'll do for now. Product link to amazon for anyone interested...
  7. CarsAndCaffeine

Replaced my third brake light with a blacked out one this weekend. Fits in much better with the black stripe I have. Was actually expecting an easier install....Didn't realize I'd have to remove the entire spoiler piece to get at the light :dunno: Comparison of lights: And after install...
  8. CarsAndCaffeine

I wish they had the platinum trim in '15, I love that interior. But I actually like the color myself, just not sure what would be a good accent to it instead of wood
  9. CarsAndCaffeine

Looks great!! That gives it a much "sportier" look I think. From the pictures its hard to tell how the wood matches with the rest now but personally I like the idea of color matching the trim color that is around the tweeters and air vents. Either way the custom look is awesome
  10. CarsAndCaffeine

Are you keeping the wood trim exposed "as-is" or will that we wrapped as well? Can't wait to see it
  11. CarsAndCaffeine

This weekend I wrapped my stock sport wheels in black...actually super impressed by how different it looks. This won't be permanent but it'll definitely hold me over until I buy new wheels! Also did a full detail so she's nice and shiny for the photos! Front wrapped, back stock...
  12. CarsAndCaffeine

Hey guys, Recently I made a detailed review of a 2017 Explorer Platinum and just wanted to share it here incase you guys know anyone that could be helped or entertained by this. I absolutely love the interior of the platinum but I'm looking forward to some upcoming mods on my '15 Sport at...
  13. CarsAndCaffeine

2012 Explorer XLT driver door speaker replacement.

I replaced all of my door speakers a while back in my '15 sport. If my memory serves right, you would still need an adapter for a 6x9 anyway. Easiest way would probably be to order the adapter and wiring harness from crutchfield. Its a super simple install and they provide instructions if you...
  14. CarsAndCaffeine

I'd go for the smaller one personally. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out when you decide.
  15. CarsAndCaffeine

Decal on Hood

Found it... https://www.towerdecals.com/FORD-EXPLORER-Wrap-HOOD-Blackout-Decal-GRAPHIC-p/explorer-hood.htm
  16. CarsAndCaffeine

Decal on Hood

I did the back vinyl myself but the hood is actually a pre cut decal I found online for like $50. Its actually nice quality too... I can dig up the link if you are interested. The badges I wrapped in gloss black vinyl myself and then put emblem overlays on top of that because overlays alone...
  17. CarsAndCaffeine

Decal on Hood

Hey I know mine isn't the same style as what you were looking at in the original post but I thought I'd drop in some pics of mine to for you to reference. I have a '15 Sport in ruby red as well. Ive done a black hood decal, black explorer lettering, black sport badge, and black on the rear...
  18. CarsAndCaffeine

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Yes they are overlays. I also tried the plasti dip method and ended up taking it off the next day. My approach was to wrap the entire emblem in gloss black first to cover up that outer silver boarder. The overlays I bought sit inside that boarder so I just simply put those on top of the vinyl...
  19. CarsAndCaffeine

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Hey guys, Just thought I'd add pictures of my emblems to this thread. Thomas
  20. CarsAndCaffeine

Only have about 250 miles on the intake so far so keep that in mind. Personally I bought this intake vs others because I feel it is the best looking intake for the explorer currently. I also like that the filter is enclosed and that it utilizes the factory air intake location in the front...
  21. CarsAndCaffeine

Been a busy weekend for me and my '15 sport. 1) MDesign Intake 2) Black hood decals and I blacked out the "explorer" lettering. 3) Blacked out the sport badge and custom gloss black vinyl around the license plate area 4) Carbon fiber Ford badges with black lettering 5) Sorry I don't have...
  22. CarsAndCaffeine

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Hey guys, New member of the forum but I've been browsing through here for a while. Just thought I'd say hi and drop a pic of my 2015 Sport (yes that's a black '17 platinum in the background) Had mine for a bout a month so far and have done some mods already but looking forward to the many mods...
Back