Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Backdoor not locking

This is for the front but the rear is similar. Dont forget to lift the panel up first before trying to separate it at the top or you will break off the little finger on the inside by the quarter glass. Thres another video out there about installing new speakers in a ST that shows more of the...
  2. C

Wanted: 01-05 sport trac DS rear door window channel w/ 1/4 glass

Hey, thanks. I managed to get it all fixed so I dont need it anymore. I guess I need to close this thread.
  3. C

Steering wheel vibrating when turning

I second that. When my sport trac was picked up and towed and moved around a lot while not running, the steering was used a lot. When it was finally started and running, i drove it home and the wheel vibrated badly on turns and became a full on death wobble at higher speeds. I thought there was...
  4. C

04 ST rear shoulder belt anchor help

So, Im putting the interior back into my 04 st after having most of it out for a few weeks for collision repairs. My issue is with the rear shoulder belt anchor. It has this big thick felt washer on the bolt. I dont remember if it goes between the head of the bolt and the seat belt part or if it...
  5. C

2003 sport trac right quarter glass needs to be replaced

Yes, not glued. The only part bolted is the rear bottom of the window channel, to the door.
  6. C

2003 sport trac right quarter glass needs to be replaced

I just did this on my 04. The window is unique to the 01-05 sport trac. I was lucky enough to come across one for $50 shipped from some ebay JY in texas. Most guys wanted a hundo for it as they are supposedly kind of rare. I had the door panel off as I had to replace the other window glass as...
  7. C

Wanted: 01-05 sport trac DS rear door window channel w/ 1/4 glass

Looking for the rubber window run channel for the rear ds door of a 2004 sport trac. It looks like this. http://www.silverstatefordparts.com/oe-ford/1l5z3525767aaa. If it has the 1/4 glass that would be great. It is sport trac specific, so a regular explorer part wont work. I believe the link...
  8. C

Driver door does not activate interior lights.

You might want to try soaking the door catch in the door with wd40. Sometimes that switch gets dirty and if you soak it and slam the door a few times it might start working again. That happened in my daughters sable. We kept a small can of wd40 in the glove box in case it acted up.
  9. C

Need 2002 S/T Headliner Removal Instructions

Ah, nice catch. I must have read a different tutorial the other day that said back door. Or Im just getting senile in my old age. LOL.
  10. C

Rear window question

Yeah, Ive been on the lookout for a good door on craigslist locally. This summer I saw tons of explorers for parts but now I cant find one. At least not for under $200 for a door. I'll probably be better off removing the door to fix the window frame anyway.
  11. C

Need 2002 S/T Headliner Removal Instructions

Its great that this thread popped up today. I will be needing to do this soon also. My roof has a slight (Lol) dent. I need to remove the pass seat anyway so its good that you need to do this to get the headliner out the back door.
  12. C

Rear window question

So, for anyone keeping score, I figured out the window issue. I messed with 2 fuses, one under the hood and one next to the dash and got the electrical part working. It makes all of the sounds of the window going up and down but the window is stuck down. I took it all apart and the cable for the...
  13. C

Rear window question

Thanks for the link. As for the upside down. My daughter flipped it into a ditch on an icy road on her way to work 2 weeks ago. Then left it running upside down for a few minutes.After draining all the oil out of the combustion chambers and burning off all the oil in the plenum and exhaust its...
  14. C

Rear window question

As in the big power window in the back of the cab. Does it require calibration when the battery is disconnected for a long period of time, like 2 days? Short story: Window was working fine. Truck was flipped upside down. Flipped back over.Battery disconnected for a few days. After reconnect...
  15. C

Ford Emisson codes

Usually your code reader comes with a book listing the meaning of the codes. Your best bet is to google the code and the word explorer and you will find out what it means and what other explorer owners have found was the problem for them. I just did this for a code that the book made sound like...
  16. C

Door glass

Thanks sws, I found one from an 05 st on the hollander site for $65 shipped. If I cant find one local thats what I'll do.
  17. C

Door glass

It seems that there is some difference between an 04 and an 03 sport trac front window I think the change took place midyear 03 as the 04 listing says fits 03-05 sport tracs and the 03 listing says it fits 00-03 sport tracs and up to 01 mounty and explorers. Back windows are the same however...
  18. C

Door glass

Thanks for the quick replies. I had seen that thread on the door swap but it still left the question whether an 01 glass would fit an 04 door. Maybe the mounting points might have changed or something. Some had long metal tracks on the bottom and some had 2 little clips for mounting points. I...
  19. C

Rear Door Vent Window Replacment

I will be doing this soon. My problem is that the metal track that is attached to the rubber was bent and kinked. My question is if the metal track comes apart from the rubber gasket that goes all around the door. Or is it an all in one part. It will be difficult to find the whole gasket/track...
  20. C

Door glass

Does anyone know if the front door glass from an 01 (or earlier) explorer will fit the front door of an 04 sport trac? Ive looked all over and found lots of conflicting info. It would be great if someone posted who had actually put an explorer window in their sport trac. I know the tints might...
  21. C

Bent door.

Hey, sorry Im a little late to the party, but how did the interior go? Were all the holes for the door panel there and were the speakers and wiring compatible? Was it difficult to transfer the inside door handle and such?
  22. C

2004 sport trac parts

Thanks for the info and the link. Ive gotten upgraded pics of the truck and hopefully I just need the 3 glasses and the mirrors. I think the door is still good. I wont really know until I get my own eyes on it.
  23. C

2004 sport trac parts

Hi, all. What body parts interchange between sport tracs and regular explorers? Are the front doors the same between the 2004 sport trac and the 2000 explorer? Is the door on the 2 door sport the same size as a sport trac or is it not the same? I see it has the same moldings and mirrors as the...
Back