Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

LOVE THAT BUMPER!!!
  2. K

Custom front metal winch bumper

Can you flip the hitch to mount it higher?
  3. K

any major benefits of Rancho Quicklift over Spacers?

I am yet to find an actual review of the QL's... Super frustrating. I'd like to know how they ride on washboard roads over the factory suspension?
  4. K

Custom front metal winch bumper

Any update on this?
  5. K

Lift kit

Any update on this?
  6. K

Rancho Shocks????

What model Bilstein fit?. I was hoping to go this way add well but cannot find anything.
  7. K

EDITED: goodbye to Ford...

yeah I have heard of that place, its about 5 hours from my house. I am actually going to do a bit of off roading next month. Driving form Chicago to Los Angeles then up to tahoe and back... Lots of places to choose so little time.
  8. K

well there is a few places by me, first is Badlands, IN and then The Insane Cliffs in Marsalles, IL. Now, Land Rover dealerships host a "Wheels" event coming up in Prairie Point, WI. I think its on June 14th. Check with your local dealer to verify this. Outside of that, I hear there is quite...
  9. K

Fantastic Disco I... Always loved the LSE version and of course the British Green. Good luck and may you get plenty of time off road!!
  10. K

Here are some updated pictures... I don't live near alot of off roading spots, so I "urban off road" to get my temporary fix. Super Extended Mode(special air suspension mode to help you get extra clearance) Weak Flex on Local Rocks.
  11. K

Multi-Make Vehicle Gathering In Planning Stages

Hey guys/girls, Well I am no longer an owner of an Explorer(LR3 Now) but I am looking to put together a small gathering at either the Cliffs in Marsalles, IL or Badlands, IN. I am open to dates, and a few of the LR guys said they would be down for camping. If you have friends with...
  12. K

Multi-Make Vehicle Gathering In Planning Stages

Hey guys/girls, Well I am no longer an owner of an Explorer(LR3 Now) but I am looking to put together a small gathering at either the Cliffs in Marsalles, IL or Badlands, WI. I am open to dates, and a few of the LR guys said they would be down for camping. If you have friends with...
  13. K

Look what showed up on ebay!!!!! Ford Explorer Concept Vehicle

Just found this a few minutes ago for sale... 2001 Ford Explorer Sportsman Concept
  14. K

INPUT: '05 EB 4X4 Rancho QL + 255/70R17

Very nice sir. I would also recommend checking the front diff specifically the pinion seal, if that goes the fluid will to and its a fairly expensive repair. Next I would look into a mechanical limited slip differential to complement the AdvanceTrac RSC. AdvanceTrac will do its job at the...
  15. K

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Here is a bad pic of her, but as soon as i get some better ones, I will post more. I have to say this though, it seems as if this is the Explorer that should have been. Very much reminds me in alot of ways.
  16. K

Well I have been an absolute Ford Explorer nut since I was five and they introduced them... I can remember the Dr Pepper boxes with the Explorer Eddie Bauer that you could win, I remember the first one I ever sat in, drove in and the day my parents brought one home. I learned to drive in them...
  17. K

Photos 3rd gen pic's

You can order a custom fake plate form anywhere... check out the US VW guys with every version of UBER plates...
  18. K

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I think your truck is a 2004 not 2005. The Estate Green was not offered that year... Are you over seas? Maybe they did there?
  19. K

Photos 3rd gen pic's

My last explorer I found some pics today of my 05 XLT Sport with 265-70-17 Yoko AT/S.
  20. K

Winch for explorer

Winch guard These guys build some pretty cool looking winch mount brush guards. I believe the electrician has a version of it on his truck. Here is the link. http://www.sterling-equipment.com/index.php/our-products#winch
  21. K

Traction control??

you need to press and hold the Advancetrac button for 7-10 seconds until it actually says Advancetrac off then T/C off. After that you should be able to go to town.
  22. K

question on transfer cases...95 vs 97

no what i mean is i want a dedicated 4x4 high range like the 97+ explorers do. 95-96 control trac 2wd auto 4wd 4wd low 97-10 auto 4wd 4wd high 4wd low i want the dedicated high for driving in snow and off road...that constant jerking cant be good
  23. K

towing questions

i towed with my 02 explorer on a regular basis up to 144k miles. the only thing i added was a different HD trans cooler(ford installed it). i did also have a scantool to watch temps but southern california with the O/D off in the dead heat (over 100) up the grapevine or out the I5 to the high...
Back