Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2.3, Hybrid, or...

Well, after a lot of looking around and test driving, I finally decided on a 2023 Dodge Durango GT Premium. I liked the Explorer Limited that I drove, but I liked the Durango a little bit better. I also had an easier time finding one with a rear bench instead of captain's chairs near me, and...
  2. J

Hybrid question

But then it just starts the engine?
  3. J

Hybrid question

When at "idle", whether stopped at a red light or, as I often tend to do in the summer, left running with the AC on fire the dogs, would the hybrid be on battery or gas if left for 15-30 minutes? Assuming the battery was fully charged? And is this bad for the battery? I just found a dealer in...
  4. J

2.3, Hybrid, or...

Thanks! I haven't settled on a particular one yet, I'm eyeing a couple and looking for opinions at this point. The recalls are a concern because they're listed as not having a fix available? Is that true? I've read somewhere that it's not that they can't fix it, but that they don't have enough...
  5. J

2.3, Hybrid, or...

I've been away for a couple of years after my 2015 got wrecked. I'm debating between otherwise identical Limited 2.3L or Hybrid, or given all the issues I'm seeing, just not coming back to an Explorer. There are SO many recalls! I thought the 5th Gen had a lot 👀. Thoughts? Obviously I would...
  6. J

Moving on.

Back in June, I got rear ended. It didn't seem that bad at first, but the car that hit me nose dived (I was the front of a four car) and went under the rear bumper, hitting my left rear wheel. $8k later, they had replaced the left quarter, bumper, the entire left rear suspension (they called it...
  7. J

2020 ford explorer issues

Looks like the typical growing pains of a new body style. The Lincoln Aviator Is Having Some Major Teething Issues
  8. J

Rear Bumper Protectors

That's the one I have on my '15, and it was on my '13. Works fine, no interference at all.
  9. J

Time for tires

I'm still very happy with my BFG Advantage T/A Sport
  10. J

Rear License plate mounts

Yeah, I'd go have the dealer put them on. If you just got it, they should just take care of it for you. When I got my '15, they jammed in some giant bolts that I couldn't get out, and they had to remove and replace the inserts.
  11. J

Nav displayed traffic before...

I have the latest update, maps, and a subscription, and it doesn't display. I should probably go cancel that, now that I think about it.
  12. J

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

These things eat batteries, so if you're having electrical issues that's the first stop. If you're a Costco member, they sell Interstate batteries for about 1/2 the normal price.
  13. J

APIM Max Volume in FORScan

You have Sync 3. They may not have as much mapped out for it as they do Sync 2.
  14. J

Center console lid loose

Thanks. I'm missing the top two bumpers, which are going to be a challenge to find replacements for. You've never noticed the pen/lip balm holders? ;)
  15. J

Center console lid loose

That's what I thought. Is there a rubber piece on the latch, or somewhere? Maybe two little rubber bumpers under the lid? I see two holes that look like that could be the issue.
  16. J

Center console lid loose

I don't know if something happened, or if I've just never noticed (which is hard to believe), but my center console lid has a good 1/2" of travel up when latched. Is that how they are, or am I missing something? I tried looking at the part online, but the drawing doesn't show the latch.
  17. J

APIM Max Volume in FORScan

I'll have to hook it up again to find it, and I haven't had time.
  18. J

Changing Turn Signal Lever?

This might explain it. Shroud, Switches & Levers for 2016 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake This assembly probably has to be changed and it's a $230 part. Throw in labor and tax, and maybe reprogramming, and that $400 makes a little more sense.
  19. J

Broken glove box hinge 2014

New glove box assembly is the only way.
  20. J

Steering Problems

Lowering it will not void your warranty. They have to prove that any modifications led to the failure of the parts in question. To me, it sounds like a battery issue. When the battery dies, these things throw out all sorts of weirdness on the dash. My battery died a couple of weeks ago, not...
  21. J

2014 FWD Explorer - Rear Wheels Spinning

I'm assuming the tires are good? What tires are on it? I've run into a similar situation in my old KIA Optima, which was FWD. It would only happen coming out of my apartment complex, which was fairly steep downward, then a slight incline onto the road. Never did figure out the how or why, but I...
  22. J

Time for tires

I just did all of this research, traction, treadwear, noise, and went with the BF Goodrich Advantage Sport LT. Michelin owns Goodrich, and they get better reviews than any of the others.
  23. J

Changing Turn Signal Lever?

The switch is cheap, around $35. They changed it to what you want in the 2016, I think, so you could just order one and try it out. It's also easy to change out. Just a few screws. I did my '13 in 10 or 15 minutes.
Back