Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

[5R55S] No Reverse | Can't Take Off In 'D'

I finally found some information on this exact problem. It's the overdrive sprag. According to JK080 (Transmission Moderator) on another post: Might attempt this one myself.
  2. O

Ford Flex shift knob install in Explorer

Warning! This mod is dangerous. If you preform this mod, you will become obsessed with touching the shifter while driving. You will begin to power shift through the first 3 gears. You will destroy your transmission. Haha, all joking aside, this is the best mod I've done to my truck, and it's...
  3. O

Would that explain why it goes in to the lower gears manually, but not automatically? The reverse problem was intermittent at first, but now seems permanent. Would the reverse band break in such a way that it would cause intermittent problems to begin with? Thanks for the response!
  4. O

I have a 2007 Ford Explorer RWD 4.0L v6. This problem started very suddenly. Here's the description of my problems right now... I cannot use reverse. Shifting in to 'R' will jerk the vehicle back just slightly. It feels like it just barely catches if I really rev it up, but hardly enough to...
  5. O

Orange Wrench thoughts?

The context Last night, I took my 2007 Explorer XLT for a bit of off-roading to celebrate the oil change. I didn't do anything too crazy, as it's 2WD. Nothing damaging seemed to happen during our exploration. On the way home, we had an open highway, so I exhibited some high speed momentarily...
Back