Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

93 Refuses to catch gear.

Whenever you put it in gear and try revving it up to help it into gear, if it actually tries, the engine will bog down for a second and it'll just slip immediately out of gear. And it'll do this every time, no matter if you in reverse, drive, 2,1. Its the same reaction to every gear. I took a...
  2. Z

93 2wd auto transmission no longer goes into gear, but fluid doesn't smell burnt.

It appears my transmission went out going up one of the biggest hills around where I live. And behind me was a huge trail of smoke. The entire way up my transmission kept slipping over and over again, but it'd get back into gear. It finally made it all the way up and over, and I just coasted...
  3. Z

MAF sensor troubles.

Okay, so I'm on my 3rd MAF sensor, and the problem still isn't resolved. When I'm driving down the road, it seems to run just fine. Getting started from a stop it feels quite hesitant, and it bogs down a little too. But if I give it more gas, it picks up and goes just fine. The problem is when...
  4. Z

93 Explorer can't even complete an engine test without stalling.

Last time that I ran the codes on my explorer i got a new code 412 (iac causing it to idle to low). So I used some Gumout to try and clean out the iac control valve. When I started it up after that, it seemed to start even stronger than it did before. But when I started to drive it. I got like...
  5. Z

93 Explorer shuts off on its own after warming up.

It starts up and runs like a champ. But after about 3-5 mins of it running. It starts running really rough and will eventually shut off all on its own. It smells really bad because of it running so rich. Ive already cleaned the snot out of the MAF sensor, knocked out both catalytic converters...
  6. Z

Has my transmission gone out? It shifts and drives, but wont pull itself up any sort of an incline.

So I was headed out to my grandparents in my 93 explorer. And as I was just coming out of this turn i put my foot down on the gas and all of the sudden i felt it just give up and loose power. Like the engine wouldn't even rev up. I was up in over drive and I shifted it down to just normal drive...
  7. Z

Explorer makes this winding/clanking sound when coasting.

I've had my 93 explorer for almost about a year now. And it has always made this winding/clanking sound (don't really know how to explain it) when I'm coasting down a road. When I give it gas, it goes away immediately. And it doesn't always make that sound when coasting. Honestly, I've never...
  8. Z

93 Explorer Interior Lights Won't Turn On

I just recently installed a new aftermarket radio, and when I finished I noticed none of my interior lights turn on now. They did before. My dash lights and all of my windows can roll up and down (well not the ones that need new window motors.) But anyways. Its been annoying reaching around in...
Back