Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2008-2010 any timing chain issues 4.0

My sploder has 200000 and afaik hasn't had timing components replaced
  2. N

Hydrolocked? Diagnosis and repair 2004 Ford explorer v6 flex Eddie Bauer

If it died I would almost bet money the connecting rods are bent on that side
  3. N

5R55E Transmission No Drive or Reverse but 1 and 2 Work

It definitely doesn't help but I'm not entirely certain what those two valves do
  4. N

Brake fluid leaking into booster?

The brake fluid has probably ruined the booster but the master has a seal failed and is now leaking.
  5. N

No there were some slots in the valves bore on the not flat side I used. It appears the valve is two pieces with two retainers the staple looking one for the end plug and the L retainer for the other.
  6. N

I sprayed it with liquid wrench and used dental pics from harbor freight and a small screw driver to push it in its bore. You may have to lay the body on its side and tap the body where the valve is with a soft hammer to get it to free up. Be sure you got all of the retainers out.
  7. N

When I did mine I sprayed them with penetrating oil and worked them in and out some of them are a pain to get in and out. I also installed a transgo shift correction kit Edit: the two you shaded I had the hardest time with.
  8. N

That looks like the end of a dipstick
  9. N

4R70W Mods/TSBs Before Install?

I would put a shift kit in and definitely check servo bores and definitely get another torque converter.
  10. N

Transmission died. Pay someone to rebuild, or swap in a reman?

As far as which way I would go if I could I would swap in a reman from a reputable source versus paying someone else to rebuild it
  11. N

I totally understand when I removed mine I had to push my vehicle out of the shop until I fixed it and it took a while to find the time
  12. N

Depending on how it broke, most members report shops generally will only rebuild your transmission instead of fixing it and some work right and some don't. I rebuilt my own without special tooling and so have others.
  13. N

Hard start cold and almost stalls putting the clutch in for a stop.

If you think it's fuel related you could check your fuel pressure with a gauge it definitely won't run right without proper fuel pressure
  14. N

Hard start cold and almost stalls putting the clutch in for a stop.

Iac valve can cause idle problems and intake seals can too I only noticed mine when the weather turned cold
  15. N

Need help finding these replacement parts!

Looks like Rock Auto has both of those, you might give em a try
  16. N

2004 Torque converter problem

When I took my shaft and converter out the shaft had longer splines on one end and can be put in the wrong way.
  17. N

Wrench of Doom is on and I am clueless

You needed a code reader that will read transmission codes like forscan and then you can go from there.
  18. N

4.0 V6 chain rattle - Percentage

Every 4.0 sohc ever built will suffer timing chain failure. It's not if, it's when.
  19. N

Found this in my transmission? Am I screwed?

That for sure is a band anchor and now one of the bands doesn't work. You have to tear down the transmission to fix it.
  20. N

No reverse no manual 1st after rebuilding the transmission

Good eye on that plug retainer I did the same thing after removing the solenoid retainer to replace the rings on my rebuild
  21. N

Let's talk secondary fuse panels

If your worried about noise you can put your harnesses through a ferrite choke when you figure out your wiring.
  22. N

Brakes Farting at Low Speed

I recently installed Wagner thermo quiets and they do this real bad at low speeds.
  23. N

5R55E

For future reference was it the internal transmission harness or the external part?
  24. N

5R55E

Sounds like it could be a wiring issue or a failed torque converter
  25. N

TRANSMISSION

Usually the pieces end up in the pan but you'll have a code no second gear no fifth gear or no forth gear iirc. If you have a 5r55e.
Back