Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

I have both, what would you like to know?
  2. M

Best tuner for Explorer Sport?

Also IMO livernois has the best shifting. They might not have the most boost compared to others but that is not always a bad thing. Safe boost is better than too much boost for longevity. By no means am I saying they are slugs. There is definitely a night, and day difference from stock
  3. M

Best tuner for Explorer Sport?

sct with custom tuning or livernois tune with their programmer
  4. M

2017 Explorer sport cold air intake issue

I don't think I would be able to deal with an atmospheric dump on an automatic lol
  5. M

I'm going to give it another try, and throw the CAI back on. I'm hoping I can tolerate the weird pop it makes. I just can't get over spending that much money on something, and not have it on.
  6. M

Airaid CAI

I have that same popping in my 2017 sport. Very annoying
  7. M

I'm tuned with a 3 bar, and thermostat. Swapping out your intake won't do anything to your vehicle fyi, It's safe to use the factory or aftermarket intake
  8. M

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

I feel the rears starting to pulsate under braking..I drive the sport the way its meant to be driven every once in awhile, but nothing too crazy
  9. M

The sound only happens when i'm driving
  10. M

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

2017 sport here, and the factory brakes are garbage. Very dissapointed in ford for making such ****ty brakes for a $50k plus vehicle. About 16k miles, and front brakes were warped. Feels like my rears are on its way out now also.
  11. M

My factory system has been on, and it only does it with the CAI. It's nothing on my part, for some reason the CAI is causing this noise.
  12. M

you are dead on..I still haven't figured out what it is yet
  13. M

motor oil debate.

2017 sport, and I use Mobil 1 synthetic with a motorcraft filter..Both can be found at Walmart . My sport is tuned and I did my first oil change around 10k. I'm @15,x.. now and plan to follow the oil life monitor,so it should be another 5k or so until my next oil change . Everyone's going to...
  14. M

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I had a livernois Windstorm /airaid cai on my 2017 sport. Noticed a difference in sound but ended up taking it off because I was getting a weird noise from it while driving. From what I remember there was a noticeable change in sound vs stock, but didn't really feel a difference in performance...
  15. M

Rust!

That area tends to get soaked from driving thru harsh weather. I give it a good clean when I wash my car, hopefully that will prevent this from happening. I have a 2017 sport, and would spend the money to fix it properly, or just replace the door.
  16. M

Bringing vehicle in for warranty work

Wow... That sucks. Thanks for the info.
  17. M

2017 sport..Just over 13k
  18. M

Planning on going in for brake pulsation under high speed braking. Does anyone know if they are going to scan, or connect thru my obd port for any reason?
  19. M

XLT vs Limited vs sport

Sport for the performance. Runner up was a 4runner limited. Ended up choosing performance over off road ;)
  20. M

No check engine lights, and everything is plugged in
  21. M

I don't hear a swooshing noise, just popping. I doubt it's the bov because it'll do it when I am feathering the throttle, or increasing speed gradually
  22. M

I have a Windstorm cold air intake installed in my 2017 sport. It makes a weird popping noise when accelerating. It doesn't matter if it's full throttle or gradual acceleration. It happens low speed as well as highway speeds. Anyone experience this noise on an aftermarket intake?
  23. M

2017 Explorer Sport aftermarket suspension

Nothing in particular is wrong with the stock suspension, but it can always be improved. My goal would be to have less body roll in high speed cornering, better braking/accelerating etc. The only thing I have found so far are H&R springs.
  24. M

2017 Explorer Sport aftermarket suspension

anyone here running aftermarket suspension to improve handling? if so, what's your setup?
Back