Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Tire opinions

If your concerned on size here is the comparison on the tire size's 245 H = 30.47 w = 9.65 265 H = 31.65 w = 10.43 Spwed different with the 265 at 60 mph the speed will be 62.33 mph
  2. R

Tire opinions

Don't go with the yokohama's, I ran them and they did not last very long at all. The tire I'm looking at upgrading to is the Bridgestone duller At Revo2 I have the duller hp now but they are the hightway tred they come with a 80k warranty and they ride great and the best tires I have used in the...
  3. R

2wd to 4wd

Yes but out of an f150 3.5 twin turbo 385 hp and 420 ft lds of torque. I did some research and a guy did a swap into an explorer. He said the trans bolted in but had to modify the mounts. Plus a lot more fabrication work ps bracket and so on. That's my goal with my explore I can do most of the...
  4. R

2wd to 4wd

Yeah it be a lot easier to just start with a 4wd but my future plans are to do an engine swap as well from the 4.0 to the 3.5 eco just trying to weight my opinions because it will have to run 2 pcm or just go awd witch will save me some wiring headache's and stock at 420 ft lbs of torque at awd...
  5. R

Mod List

If it's a street truck I would run 275/45r20 I had Goodyear eagle gt2 they handled great on dry not to good on wet. But know I and going the other direction and running 275/55r20 witch are 32" tall and 11" wide. Would like to see pictures of your setup
  6. R

2wd to 4wd

Question I have a 2003 explore xls witch is currently a 2wd but I do want to convert it to 4wd, I understand the front and rear great ratio has to stay the same witch I'm planning on running 4.10, and from what I've read looks like in order to install the transfercase all I need to do is remove...
  7. R

Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15

Hello all, new to the Fourms, love what I see so far. Was wondering is there any groups out in Las Vegas area.
Back