Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

AC dies after driving for a while.

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Sport. The AC works occasionally. It seems to work ok at night or when it's cool outside. It seems to hardly blow cold when it's hot outside and then, more often when it's hot, the air coming out goes completely hot. It's as if the compressor shuts off. For...
  2. M

'98 Sport Brake Pads

Yeah, the Autozone website says "excludes sport model" on all the front pads they have listed, and I talked to someone at Advance Auto parts that said they don't offer any pads that work on the sport model. I'll have to check them out. Do you know if they are sold at places like Autozone or...
  3. M

'98 Sport Brake Pads

I'm having trouble finding ceramic pads for the front on my 1998 Ford Explorer Sport. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Peter
  4. M

AC Blower not working

The blower in my 1998 Sport stopped working a few weeks ago. Before it completely stopped working, the fan would always be at speed 1 even if the knob was turned up to 4. I've read about the blower motor resistors, I just want to see if the blower not working at all was still as symptom of a bad...
  5. M

How are these?

I have a 1998 Explorer Sport. I would like to get some new speakers for the front and back. How do these look? Anyone use these?
  6. M

Power Door Lock Question

Thank you for your help, but I am still a little confused. I'm pretty sure I don't have a RAP. If I buy somthing like this http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2001394/p-2001394/N-111+10201+600000480/c-10101 would I need to get a RAP, or does this...
  7. M

Speaker Size

Both front and back are 6x8?
  8. M

Speaker Size

I have a 1998 Explorer Sport. I want to put new speakers in it. I am wondering how I can find out the size of the speakers without taking the entire thing apart. Thanks :)
  9. M

Power Door Lock Question

Ok, thanks for the info. Where on the vehicle would I find the module to plug-in the aftermarket Keyless entry system?
  10. M

Power Door Lock Question

I have a 1998 Explorer Sport. It has power door locks, but (as far as I know) no keyless entry. I have heard that you can buy a kit that will just plug into the vehicle somewhere and will allow you to unlock the doors by remote. If there is such a thing, could someone provide me with some info...
  11. M

What's Involved?

I have a 1998 Explorer Sport. It needs to have the ball joints replaced. I was wondering what is involved in doing that at home. And how difficult it would be. Thanks.
  12. M

Give me some advice.

I have a 1998 Explorer Sport. I drive it 70 miles a day on the highway. I need some good, reliable, relativley inexpensive tires. Any suggestions?
  13. M

Will this fit?

ok, thanks. That's what i was hoping for. I've put stereos in with the kit before, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  14. M

Will this fit?

I am tired of my stereo in my '98 Explorer Sport. I am looking at the Pioneer DEH-P6700MP http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_150552873,00.html I looked at the Fit-guide on bestbuy.com and it said it doesn't fit. I don't know if that means it just needs an...
  15. M

'98 Sport Rear Brakes

Will I have to do anything with the ABS?
  16. M

'98 Sport Rear Brakes

I had my explorer in the dealership recently. They said my back brakes needed to be done. The said that Explorer brake jobs are expensive. That means either hard work, or expensive parts ;) . I need to know what is involved in doing the rear brakes. Would I be better off doing it my self or...
  17. M

adding remote keyless entry

I have a '98 explorer sport. It has power door locks, but i want to add remote keyless entry. How hard are they to install. do you just plug somthing in, or do you have to wiring everything up?? Also, does anyone have any reccomendations on what kit to use or what kit you have used in the past??
  18. M

help me

i live in st. petersburg. We had those same storms. that's when i noticed it. I park under an oak tree. could that have anything to do with it?
  19. M

Remote Keyless Entry

anyone??
  20. M

help me

no, it feels smooth. you couldnt tell if you just felt it.
  21. M

help me

i dont know. lol
  22. M

help me

ill have to go get some to try it out. here are some pictures. any other suggestions??
  23. M

help me

After some rain, i have these greyish blue water spots on my white 98 sport. It looks like grey water rained on my truck then sat. Now it is nearly impossible to get off. What is it and is there somthing that will take it off??
  24. M

Remote Keyless Entry

I have a '98 Explorer Sport. It has power locks, but not keyless entry. My friend told me that you could buy i thing that you plug in the computer or somthing, and it was a transmitter for keyless entry. Is there such a thing? and where would i get it??
  25. M

Real guages.......with numbers!!

This think looks great, i can't wait to get one.
Back