Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. dhorsfield

Switch Inhibit Door Lock Option

Yeah, the manuals just say enabled or disabled. Weird. That makes sense. Thanks franchise!
  2. dhorsfield

Switch Inhibit Door Lock Option

does anyone know what this Lock option does? It’s under Settings > Vehicle > Locks on a 2016 XSport
  3. dhorsfield

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Post pics after powder coating. I am in the same boat and like the rim but not two tone.
  4. dhorsfield

I got bored and turned this: Into this: The left side will need to be redone, but the right is perfect.
  5. dhorsfield

MFT "alert: tone distortion

I know this thread is extremely old, but has anyone gotten this resolved?
  6. dhorsfield

2016 Navigation Voice Distortion

Has anyone experienced the navigations voice being distorted, almost like a speaker is blown? I tested all speakers (Sony system) with music and voice commands and I do not get distortion from any speakers that way. The music sounds great, the voice commands are fine, but when the nav directs me...
  7. dhorsfield

Tuning and Bolt Ons

Awesome man! That’s what I’m looking for, which tuner and why? I appreciate your help. With theirs, is it like any other where you can turn off speed limiters.. rev limiters.. that kind of stuff, or do you have to tell them to and they do it for you? Do they charge for each time they build a new...
  8. dhorsfield

Tuning and Bolt Ons

It’s basically looking like tuner and exhaust. I like the sound of the Borla. Which tuner... leaning to Livernois.
  9. dhorsfield

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Took this pic, with Galaxy S7 Canon DSLR Canon DSLR
  10. dhorsfield

Tuning and Bolt Ons

Hi everyone, Looking for some advice and opinions (yes I already know what I’m in for.. ). I just bought a new to me 2016 Sport with the 3.5 Eco. I’m looking to do a few things to it but not go nuts or the past, I’ve always just done CAI, tune, and exhaust to get more power out of my vehicles...
  11. dhorsfield

What discs did you go with? I understand that they are “heavy duty” discs on the 16’s. Is that correct? Where did you get the blacked out badges?
  12. dhorsfield

Thanks Peter. I do have both actually. Replaced the wife’s MDX with the xSport.
  13. dhorsfield

I picked up this new to me 2016 xSport. I can’t wait to start the mods. Nevermind, you can’t link off of FB.
  14. dhorsfield

She looks sweet! Did you have the tint tape type stuff put on the rear lights? I was thinking of getting that for my gray 2011.
  15. dhorsfield

I'm not sure what year they started it but I think it may have been the 16's, but again, I could be completely wrong.
  16. dhorsfield

Is this vibration normal?

I know this is really old, and I did sift through that link, but do you know if anyone has come up with a clear result of the shudder?
  17. dhorsfield

Thank you! Haven't even had her a full week yet. She was in good shape a the dealer too. :thumbsup:
  18. dhorsfield

Removed bug deflector and installed Explorer badge on hood.
  19. dhorsfield

New To Me 2011 Explorer XLT

Thank you!
  20. dhorsfield

Haha! Mine doesn't have nav. I just saw a great opportunity for a photo. People driving by looked at me weird but I'll never see them again. Ha Yes, Class III tow package.
  21. dhorsfield

My new to me 2011 XLT
  22. dhorsfield

New To Me 2011 Explorer XLT

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I just picked up a 2011 XLT with 110,000 miles on it, with the 3.5, non-ecoboost. It's in great shape and the previous owner did maintenance like clock work. The main the wrong with it is the typical broken fold flat 3rd row seats. I have them on order already...
Back