Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

What would cause all this?

I actually have replaced the fuel filter. Bro, I've done so much stuff to this car, easy to forget! lol. But, something I also didn't mention, and this might not matter too much or would make since. But, when it does idle low, you can see the battery hand go up and down. And, if say I have an...
  2. D

What would cause all this?

Well, this is really hard to explain all this. But, my Explorer starting doing this about 6-8 months ago. When you crank it up, even if it's the first startup, it'll start, idle highish for a few seconds, then drop down from 1200RPM's to like 300RPM's, then back up to 1200RPM's, and repeats...
  3. D

1995 Ford Explorer Radio Replacement

So, I made a post in this forum LITERALLY a year ago (well, it was October 2nd of last year but close enough) Where I asked: "What's the best and cheapest radio for a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT." And well, "best and cheapest" Really doesn't go together. Reason I said it like that was well, I was...
  4. D

Is my radio dead or am I missing something?

I do have the JBL System, how ****ed am I? I've checked all the fuses. Only thing I was really confused about is how most of the radio is still lit up but those parts aren't.
  5. D

Is my radio dead or am I missing something?

So, not long ago the battery in my 1995 Explorer XLT went bad and I had to replace it. So see if it was the battery. What I did was take the battery out of my dads truck, which has the same crank amps or whatever its called (can't think of it off the top of my head) and put it in my Explorer...
  6. D

Car over heating after radiator flush.

Sorry if that looks spammy, but I wanted everyone to see this update and I had no better idea how to do it. But, for some reason the cars not overheating anymore. So, that's a massive plus. Just randomly stopped overheating. Drove it too work and back today and it drove fine. Kept overheating...
  7. D

So, me using the wrong coolant is what's causing the overheating right? Or is it the air bubbles? I put some radiator flush in my radiator with some tap water to flush it. And while it was flushing it was overheating. I forgot about that. Could air being in the system cause it to overheat?
  8. D

So, I think I know what the problem is but I'm not 100% sure. So, I bought some 50/50 Valvoline coolant to do a flush on my radiator because winter is setting in. I looked at the coolant and it's for Asian cars. I was watching my dad pour it as I have a messed up wrist and can't. And it looked...
  9. D

Best and cheapest radio for 1995 Explorer XLT

Yes sir I do. That is the radio I have.
  10. D

Do you happen to know what year Explorer radios would be compatible with mine besides a 1995 radio? I'm having trouble finding a 95 Explorer at any yard or on Craigslist. Would say, 1997, 1998, radio work in my car? Or does it specifically have to be a 1995 radio?
  11. D

Pretty much says it in the title. My radio just shat itself the other day (Well, It's my fault.) And pretty much to save you the details, I need a new radio for my car. It's a 1995 Explorer XLT. Had the original radio in it and it worked fine until yesterday. I am looking for a radio that is...
  12. D

Radio not working after battery change.

True, the car only has 188k miles on it though. But, eh, still a 22-year-old car either way. The exhaust manifolds have rust on them in the engine, the engine bay just all around looks dirty and cruddy. Honestly, I doubt this car will last another two or three years. But, for me I just need it...
  13. D

I mean, eh, it's gave me a lot of other problems in the past. It has a problem and still does, where it sometimes does not wanna crank unless I pull the fuel pump relay out and put it back into reset the fuel pump to turn back on/make the fuel pump, pump more fuel again. I've replaced the fuel...
  14. D

Generally when I drive places I reach speeds of 45-55 and I am doing 15-minute trips to work. So the battery always gets topped off with a charge. And I almost never leave the key in the "on" position and let it set. But, would the cassette being stuck in the radio cause something like this to...
  15. D

Now, this car (1995 Explorer XLT) has given me some problems, but, this is the newest one. Recently, the battery started acting stupid on me. The battery was only two and a half years old. But, my car just wasn't cranking with it in. We put it on the charger for like two hours and nothing...
  16. D

Weird noise coming from brake booster.

Lobo411, my heat does not work, I need my heater core replaced. Last time I tried turning on my heat out of curiosity. It almost sounded like me engine revved, but, the engine RPM's didn't change and I didn't feel any air force (if you wanna call it that) coming from the vents. It was soooo...
  17. D

Not sure if I am 100% correct here, but, I don't believe it does. I generally control climate controls manually. I just put it on AC and select a wind force and go with that. I do however, turn off the AC before I turn off the vehicle. But, it does this when I don't even turn the car on. If I...
  18. D

The thing is, my brakes feel fine, they work really well actually. But, if I was to get to the blend door, what would I need to check for exactly?
  19. D

When I turn my car off (kill the engine) or put it to the ON position and back to the OFF position. I hear this weird, rotating noise coming from the passenger side of my dash, and opening the hood it sounds like it is coming from the brake booster. I do have an ABS light on, but my brakes work...
  20. D

Something weird happened today..

Crap man. Ehh, I just been having this problem for a while and it's kinda always unnerving getting into your car and not being 100% certain if it'll crank. The other day, I had a guy offer to trade me a '88 Blazer K5 for my Explorer as he needed a 4-door car since he had a kid on the way. His...
  21. D

No, I have no check engine lights. I mean, the ABS light is on, but, I have no trouble with my brakes. And I just put a fresh tune up on it not long ago. The car is honestly in good standing as far as everything would go. If It didn't want to give me the middle finger every so often I'd be fine...
  22. D

Ya know, I've not thought of any kind of air leak. Hmm, interesting. I'll have my friend who is a mechanic look at that today.
  23. D

So, my Explorer has a new fuel assembly and a fresh tune up on it. What it was doing, was it would sometimes start and sometimes wouldn't. Would either do one of three things, either keep cranking and not turn over, start, but idle really low and I'd have to give it gas to keep it going or else...
  24. D

Tire tool.

Eh, crap. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the tire tool. Honestly, the best thing to do though, just hate spending money on a one-time use thing ya know? I have a tire-iron in my car along with a jack. And yes, I have them both secured with bungee cords and some straps in the...
  25. D

Tire tool.

What would I need the vice grips for? The prybar I can see, but, vice grips?
Back