Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Brightest 9007 bulb?? New Member Intro and HELP!

You're very welcome! On a side note I'd look at Amazon for those lights. I believe they are about $20 cheaper there than Autozone or Walmart but don't quote me on that. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller as well.
  2. F

Brightest 9007 bulb?? New Member Intro and HELP!

Your Sylvia Silver Star bulbs are really good, in my honest opinion, if you want to go with a halogen. You can go LED (I am biased towards LED btw) or HID but they are a little more expensive. Now if you get a good LED bulb they will more than likely out last your truck. Only problem with that...
  3. F

Help with size for led light bar

That is good. From looking at the pictures it seems to me that's all it will be but then again I'm not a collision repair guy lol.
  4. F

Dang! I hope everyone is ok. The damage doesn't look too bad. Hopefully you can get it fix soon.
  5. F

I bought it off of Amazon. It's not a high dollar one but for what I use it for, it is perfect! Auxbeam and Nightlight are good brands to look at. Haven't had any problems from their lights.
  6. F

I currently have a 50" curved light bar and it fits perfectly across the windshield. I was never able to find a mount specifically for my 96 explorer but I used an aftermarket roof rack crossbar to mount mine to. When I go on lunch I'll take a few pictures and upload it for you. Hope this helps
  7. F

Remove intact rear quarter window glass (nonmoveable)

Well right now I'm up off birds Creek but used to live in Gatlinburg. All those roads you have mentioned I have been down lol.
  8. F

That works for me. I have the back window all tapped up so just when ever you get to it is fine with me. I live about 20 to 30 minutes from all those places you mentioned. I'll meet you anywhere here in Sevier county just because I won't have to drive an hour or 2 one way to meet someone. That...
  9. F

Well then that works out perfectly. Shoot you have probably seen my truck round town. It sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl lol. The mirror finish looks perfect and I couldn't find anything on the measurement sizes but they look exactly the same. Do you care to on me on how much you'd want...
  10. F

That would help me out a lot. I live in Sevier county near Gatlinburg. I don't mind a bit to drive to get this glass as well.
  11. F

Well I didn't know any of that. Thank you! Will definitely be looking more into using those methods in the future. I put down some vinyl before the duct tape but I used too much tape in some areas. Luckily it's all under the black weather stripping attached to the glass.
  12. F

I have heard that before. Never tried it cause that stuff is like liquid gold Lol. I have heard goo gone works well. Just make sure you're not using the goo gone that removes paint.
  13. F

Really? I have never seen that before then again I don't exactly go shopping everyday for clear gorilla tape lol. I'll have to look into that. I think I am going to go with the black gorilla tape and see if I can't get my side mirror to go back onto it's mount because it was just the glass that...
  14. F

That is another debate I am having with myself lol. Which tape to use.. Probably going to start with the packing tape and see how that goes. Shoot I wouldn't care if it was a shade or two different from what I have now. I just didn't want it to be one non mirror tint window in the back because...
  15. F

Cool deal! Yeah I'm not sure as to how long it'll take me to get a new window because my windows have that mirror tint windows from the back doors to the hatch. It would bug me so much if my windows didn't match lol. I looked at the pull-a-part close to me and it's $40 before tax which isn't...
  16. F

Awesome! That is what I was hoping to hear. Thank you! Been looking around on Craigslist for someone parting out an explorer closer to me than the closest pull-a-part lol. Hopefully I can find one soon. Now the gorilla tape, was it hard to get off the paint or did you protect it before you put...
  17. F

I have searched the forum about this and didn't come up with anything related to my question. So, I apologize in advance if this has been posted before and for the double post (I guess I clicked post one too many times lol). Anywho.. About a week ago I was run off the road and into a ditch by...
  18. F

Biggest tire with an 8.5x18in rims on 96 Explorer

Awesome! Thanks everyone! Yall have been a really big help! Now I just have to figure everything out and get the right size tires.
  19. F

Thank you so much for the info! With all that being said, how would one figure out the offset for the rims that I have? I bought them off Craigslist and was never told the offset of the rims.
  20. F

Hello all! So I am new here and this will be my first post as well. I just bought a 96 Explorer XLT V8 5.0 AWD about 5 days ago. She will be needing new tires very soon and I have a set of 8.5x18in rims that I'd like to use. Right now they have 245/40/18 tires, which are bad, on the rims and...
Back