Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Daheim111

2014 Sport oil leak?

And the pipes to the throttle body are complete clean ? Oil-water in these pipes are normal, I think...
  2. Daheim111

Terrain Response / possible to drive with SNOW program on highway ?

It sounds a littlebit .............;) And yourself, blwnsmoke ?
  3. Daheim111

Terrain Response / possible to drive with SNOW program on highway ?

Terrain Response : Is it possible and makes it sense to drive with snow program on the highway ?
  4. Daheim111

Amount of engine emission / where to find exact values ?

Amount of engine emission / where to find exact values ? Where can I find exact amounts ? Need it for the German tax authority..."our" german EU6 (2015) is nearby the Tier 2 Bin 5 (???)...but I can`t find the exact group for my 2014 Sport ! In Germany I have got only the EU5...
  5. Daheim111

Steering wheel noise...only from the upper part of the column ?

@LukerDooker, It means this cable becomes damaged over the time ? How looks yours ? I think I have to types of sound, one while steering to left or right from the middle and one near the end when steering to the left...the last is more intens but both have nearly the same frequency.
  6. Daheim111

Peter, can you help me ? At this time: there are only about 26 used Explorers (U5) for sale in Germany ! And: I know, what I have (I think so !) / buy new one: don`t know what I get...
  7. Daheim111

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Bought the same type from ebay France...very nice and bright !
  8. Daheim111

Thanks, Peter, but I try to hold my Sport...problem is, that I have to solve all problems alone, only with help from this forum here ! In the mean time I drive many kilometers/miles with a "smile on my face"...and so will I try to do as much I can to "hold" my ride ! If it is possible: no German...
  9. Daheim111

Steering wheel noise...only from the upper part of the column shaft ? Next noise I found now: my steering produces a kind of noise (a growling sound if I steer very fast left/right/left or a little bit more when I go to the left end). Any way to lubricate something in the upper part of the...
  10. Daheim111

Whining noise in idle changing with rpm...possible causes ?

Checked the cooling fans and the alternator and climate compressor (by hand / as we changed the pulley): nothing there... But am I right ? In idle all the PTU, driveline and other things "back" the transmission are not in movement...but it seems that the noise comes from right side and more...
  11. Daheim111

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

What shall I do in Germany ? No chance to get some help from Ford Germany...
  12. Daheim111

Time for tires

Hankook Dynapro...my "summer" tires with M+S... Under really whet conditions on german highway I feel a little instability back... Winter conditions (my first winter with this type Explorer): the tests summarize with god results on snow...
  13. Daheim111

Sport 2014 on 18" rims / Ford dokumentation ?

Ok, @peterk9, I only wish to be sure, that 18" fit on my Sport... On the other side: the german authoritys wish to have a kind of certification, that the Explorer has no problems with 18" rims / may be I try to use papers or brochures from a Platinum or XLT ?!? To get 18" tires to fit is not a...
  14. Daheim111

Sport 2014 on 18" rims / Ford dokumentation ?

Sport 2014 on 18" rims / Ford dokumentation ? I need a kind of documentation/paper, that Ford allows 18" rims on a 2014 Sport. Where can I find such a "doc" from Ford ? Who can help me ? And once again: no problems with 18" rims and Explorer Sport brakes ?
  15. Daheim111

Explorer Imported Into Germany Needs Rear Fog lights

Germany: As a rear fog light has my car a dimmed left backup light, but when I go to reverse than both lights comes on with full power...and all of this is connectet to the front fog lights / it means the front fog lamps must be on before I can push the button for the rear fog light...
  16. Daheim111

Explorer Imported Into Germany Needs Rear Fog lights

I have an extra fog light switch under the dashboard at the left side...it is illuminated...but I have to check which light is on / have no extra light mounted ! Will check it tomorrow...
  17. Daheim111

Oil catch can / who has installed it and how much oil becomes "catched" ?

@XLT16: I understand now the difference ! 2nd question was: what about the "clean side" ? Some of the catch cans has another part for the clean side...how do this works ?
  18. Daheim111

But, @peterk9, when it prevents that oil comes from crankcase to the intake, it`s the same principle than the catch cans work with...so I don`t "need" a catch can !?
  19. Daheim111

In fact, this crankcase vent oil separator works in the same direction/matter as the catch can to reduce the amount of oil that goes directly to the intake, but the oil goes here (PCV) directly back to the crankcase !??? Is this a kind of a problem solution from Ford ?
  20. Daheim111

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Anyone who tried the Hankook Dynapro`s ? I have, and I think they are very fine / noise is about 71 dB...but some problems under whet conditions.
  21. Daheim111

@ExPlat, thanks ! But the air takes the same way from crankcase to the intake ? Only difference is that it doesn`t catch the oil but send it back to the crankcase ?
  22. Daheim111

Can anyone explain me what`s the function of this "crankshaft vent oil separator" ?
  23. Daheim111

And this: my Ford has a crankshaft vent oil separator / found it at Fordparts.com 6A785...and the rep. manual (and my car) shows this: Is this part serviceable ? Is this a kind of an oil catch can ???
  24. Daheim111

I am driving my car daily in the city and offen about long distances on german highways / these highway routes are fast (mean 150 km/h = 95 mph) and long (2 x 500 km on a weekend) ! Plus: it is an ecoboost 3.5... 2 turbos ! 2nd question: Catch can plus clean side installation ? @207: 1 or 2...
Back