Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Trans fluid drain and fill

The OP is correct. The fill plug is in the center of the drain plug.
  2. B

4.0 Intake Red Vacuum Line Connection Help

that little line goes to the fuel injector pressure sensor. heres a picture of mine from a few weeks ago.
  3. B

Amp Installation

Best advice for every vehicle is to follow the stock wiring. All vehicles have wiring that enters the cab. Follow it and you should never need to drill any holes are take unnecessary risks.
  4. B

Interior lights come on while driving

But did it fix your problem?
  5. B

Battery cable

You can use your own cable as long as it is the proper gauge and type. Obviously you want to use stranded wire no smaller than 8ga. I prefer overkill so I used 0ga
  6. B

Interior lights come on while driving

I also have this problem and the fix IS with the ignition. What I do is turn on the vehicle, then turn the key ever so slightly counter clockwise. There is a bit of play. I noticed if the ignition cylinder with the key in it is too far clockwise, the lights come on and stay on. Hopefully I...
  7. B

2007 Firewall access?!?

best rule of thumb for any vehicle ever made......follow the stock wiring from the stock fuse box under the hood. It isnt wireless technology. Stock wires have to get in the cab too ;)
  8. B

P0741

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm just now seeing this. New solenoids were installed at the same time as the valve body. I only wanted to do the job once. Plus new solenoids were included with the kit.
  9. B

Amp Wire Through Firewall?

Tip for ANY vehicle.....follow the stock wiring. There is a gromit that leads to the engine bay on the left side under the dash where your foot rests. NEVER drill holes if you dont have to.
  10. B

P0741

I had the same code. Turned out the transmission valve body needed replacing. Its a messy job, but very easy. Here is my thread about it. I hope it helps SOLVED 2007 xlt drivetrain wrench light help???
  11. B

Do I have enough power for my amp and sub

It actually can hurt in situations to add a capacitor. If a charging system is struggling to keep up with the demand and showing symptoms (ex. dimming headlights, draining battery, etc), then adding a capacitor is just another item the charging system has to try and keep up with and maintain...
  12. B

Do I have enough power for my amp and sub

no you dont need a high output alternator.
  13. B

SOLVED 2007 xlt drivetrain wrench light help???

SOLVED. Turns out it was the transmission valve body. Replaced it and its working like a champ.
  14. B

92' Explorer - Installed new BT deck - Won't start now

optimas are trash. Dont waste your money. Honestly, just go to Costco and get one of their batteries. Plenty good for daily use. Its all Im using and I have 5 amplifiers. Zero issues.
  15. B

Is there a manufacturer of console vaults for 2006 Eddie Bauer edition Explorers?

do you have a link to the 2008 version you found? I had looked at this option for my explorer and decided just to go with a more secure option under the rear seat (2 row). The console vaults are convenient, but are by no means a vault. Very easy just to rip them out of the console.
  16. B

Where do I get the aluminium thermostat housing for 07 4.0 ?

This is the one I purchased a few months ago and it is working perfectly
  17. B

Fuse for subwoofer

The remote turn on should be wired to either something in the ignition circuit (only receives power when the key is turned to ignition) or a constant 12v on a toggle switch. You would benefit most from replacing the stock radio with a simple aftermarket one and using the remote turn on output...
  18. B

Cloudy beginnings

Why did you start 3 threads in the same sub forum with the exact same pictures?
  19. B

Led light bar question

here is my stealthy light bar install. I would have gone with a slightly shorter one if I didnt already have this one laying around.
  20. B

Fog lights headlights

are you looking for a brighter bulb, or something that actually provides better viability while driving? Those two arent always interchangeable.
  21. B

Chrome Flashing on Grill

Took it off. Much easier than trying to paint it in place.
  22. B

Speaker help

I dont see any mention of a budget. Hard to recommend anything without a budget.
  23. B

The 2006 got a few things done today!

Picture isnt working
  24. B

2007 XLT Custom Audio

Arc audio XDi 804 found a new home. Sounds awesome!
Back