Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Stolen Keys, now what? - Ignition Cylinder Replacement Options

Alas just put it down to senility as my brain is lot older than that. It popped up when I was looking at home page, I didnt look at date of when the thread originated. Still useful bit info on the older models if you werent aware of it. I remember I went with my friend to get the thing...
  2. 9

Stolen Keys, now what? - Ignition Cylinder Replacement Options

Long ago a friend bought like a repossessed 90 or 91 Ranger at auction with no ignition keys. It was the older smaller body. Though I imagine all the pre PATS era stuff similar. Anyway you remove the plastic clamshell thing around the steering column and if you look on under side of steering...
  3. 9

1994 Ranger 4.0L MT EMC questions

Little update. Ok got a $23 ECM for 1993 Aerostar 3.0L with automatic. After I found that thread mentioning successfully using a 3.0L ECM to run a 4.0L, had to try it since they are so plentiful and cheap. Plugged it in. Ran bit funky, then remembered IAC was unplugged to keep it from...
  4. 9

Thank you. That is cheapest I have seen though guessing shipping will get that lot closer to $100. I did find a non-egr one for automatic Aerostar that is on its way for $23 shipped off ebay. I want to try it first. But have feeling I will probably end up ordering the one you suggest...
  5. 9

Trying to find a 93/94 Ranger ecm for federal emissions 4.0L with manual for reasonable cost seems difficult. Cheapest I found on ebay was like $150. Parts stores want more. And zero to be found in local yards, most are automatic or ecm gone already. Fewer made and seem popular for manual...
  6. 9

Yea, stock tires, I think its 3.36:1 axle ratio, something close to that. Thats why dont need 5spd, even transmission that came with it, I only tried 5th out of curiosity, quickly found out besides the noise, it was kinda worthless with that axle ratio. I rarely go over 60mph. If one was...
  7. 9

Oh should also mention this thing gets horrible gas mileage. 12 to 14mpg at best. My old 4wd F250 gets 13mpg going down hiway with a carburetor so I am so not impressed with Ranger 4.0L fuel mileage.
  8. 9

Ok, this is a cheapie truck. And I am trying to keep it that way. I bought it year ago with worn out clutch. Started fine and engine sounded good. I knew nothing about this generation Ranger. Replaced clutch myself. Drove but tranny pretty noisy and would pop out of first, and fifth...
Back