Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Explorer Starting, Stalling problems

2.0 Ecoboost I have a 2012 with the 2.0 ecoboost that is giving me problems when starting and idling. Sometimes when I get in it to start it, it will crank for a few seconds longer than usual before it starts. Once it starts it sputters for a bit before going back to normal, or it will just...
  2. R

Turboboost on 2.0 Explorer needs to be replaced (underboost)

i keep having the CEL come on for the dreaded "underboost". It will come and go, but lately it's started coming on more often and staying on longer. I also now have a significant loss of power. Last week I decided to try to figure out the problem after the light had stayed on for a couple of...
  3. R

Loud knocking from front end

Bad strut bearings? They are terrible and cheap design. I've already replaced three on our Explorer.
  4. R

Turboboost on 2.0 Explorer needs to be replaced (underboost)

How did you know the turbo was shot? I have a 2012 ecoboost that is throwing the "turbo underboost" code and I have noticed a lack of power. However, I haven't heard any whine or other noise from the turbo. Also, how much did you end up paying for a new turbo? I'm hoping I don't have to change...
  5. R

Multiple issues with our 2012 Explorer

No. I checked everything I could to make sure there were no loose connections or anything. After driving for a while the light went off again and has stayed off. Both times the light came on I was going 85-90 mph. Right now I'm needing to pin point why the a/c automatically switches to auto...
  6. R

The climate control problems started a couple of months ago. Not that big of a deal as the a/c and heater still function. It's mainly just an annoyance that i can control the fan speeds or even turn everything completely off. As for the underboost code, I think it was PO299.
  7. R

My wife has a 2012 Explorer with the 2.0 and I can say this is probably the most frustrating vehicle we have ever owned. I have already replaced a strut bearing and passenger side cv axle. We have just recently crossed over the 100,000 mile mark and suddenly, like someone flipped a switch, we...
Back