Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Airnag warning lite

started it up this afternoon and the airbag light went out like it suppose too after startup now. Guess it was the extreme cold this am. thanks for the help
  2. M

Airnag warning lite

the battery is only a few months old Napa 850 CCA battery this morning is the only time it actually crank really slow. The last few days we've been averaging -15F below in the morning. Haven't had any problems till this morning the coldest I can remember in a very long time.
  3. M

Airnag warning lite

ok that make sense about the battery voltage didn't think of that. it crank really slow but started so could have been that. Will be out later today to pickup my daughter at work will see if it goes out now. Thanks,
  4. M

Airnag warning lite

Got hit with a major cold snap this am about -25F air temp this am. She started up no problems .. but for some reason now the yellow air bag yellow warning light stays on, no flashing or blinking light, just stayed on. Is this common in extreme cold temps ? I checked under the seat the wiring...
  5. M

Defrosters

since we've been a deep freeze here last few days notice my defrosters isn't working properly on the driver's side but works great on the pass. side. The heater & blower works good when switching from defrost to dash panel it blows out plenty of heat just notice the it's barely defrosting on the...
  6. M

Heat controls in extermine cold weather

Howdy well here in NW. IA we're in a deep freeze for a few days and notice in the morning when starting up the heater controls seem a bit sticky or sluggish to response to the control settings. It has manual climate controls and the heater works great but notice when really cold out, in the...
  7. M

Cold startups

not sure what the problem may have been but the last few days with the major cold temps we've had here in NW. IA it has started every morning now after just a few cranks and it sits outside in parking lot. The battery and cable are in good shape too no problems.
  8. M

Cold startups

thanks for the info will check that next time it does this. this morning it's about -5F here went to start it up earlier, after sitting all day yesterday and last night, and it popped right over after just a couple of cranks.
  9. M

Cold startups

thanks all for the info appreciate it. guess as long as it starts up nothing to worry about. Happy holidays :)
  10. M

Cold startups

yea I'm beginning to think so. Went out this am around 4:30am to take my daughter to work it's was about 16F outside and it popped right over.
  11. M

Cold startups

that battery is only about a month old brand new NAPA 850cca and crank just fine just sometimes a delay to fire over.
  12. M

Cold startups

Hello all, got a 2010 explorer xlt w4.0 4wd. it has about 114k on her. notice lately since our cold winter mornings are back that on occasion, when I first startup in the morning, it sometimes will crank for about 5-6 secs before starting then after that it pops right over no problems the rest...
  13. M

Thiump sound when startup

interesting you mention this I noticed yesterday and today, when first starting it up, i left the defrost/floor off and waited after the car started about 30 seconds later turned it on and no thumbs, bump or thud yesterday and today. i didn't realize the HVAC system worked this way in the cold.
  14. M

yea it's just a 1 thump/thud when it does happen. the exhaust makes sense that's about the only thing I can think of the may be causing the noise.
  15. M

thanks for the replies and info. it is definitely a thump or thud but not all the time just occasionally when the outside temps are cold usually around freezing or lower. I have check the entire drive line and suspension and found no problems vehicle drives down the road with no issues or...
  16. M

been awhile since I posted here too many other things going on but the explorer has been running great just happen to notice this now that the temps are much colder at night here. I got a 2010 4.0 4wd xlt every once in awhile when the temps are like below 32 or so when I first start it in the...
  17. M

Weird Start issue sometimes

yea the cranking speed is fine always starts. checking the spark plugs was going to be my next to-do
  18. M

Weird Start issue sometimes

Not sure if this is normal or not. Got a 2010 XLT 4.0 sohc got about 111k on it runs great good mileage no real problems.Once in awhile, haven't been able to determine any sort of pattern to it, when I got to start it hear the fuel pump kick in start it and sometimes it will crank maybe 4-5secs...
  19. M

Check AT fluid level / what is the way to do this correct ?

if your trany has a dipstick for checking fluid normally you would check it with the engine warm and running in park then pull the dipstick out wipe it off first then put it back in the tube all the way then pull it out again and check the lever there are usually indicator marks on the stick for...
  20. M

Fan clutch operation

thanks for the info
  21. M

Fan clutch operation

that was my thinking maybe tied into the engine temp circuit some how. I gotta ford electrical manual for this explorer but need to take some time to dig through it .... electrical is not my strong point :)
  22. M

Fan clutch operation

ok make sense haven't any issues with it was mainly more curious about it. also wasn't really sure what that elec. connection does with the fan.
  23. M

Fan clutch operation

Was planning on changing my belt and idler pulley tomorrow and was checking the fan clutch, with engine cold, it seemed a little stiffer then I would have thought with a cold engine. It turns by hand but I thought it be a bit more "free wheeling" when the engine is cold. Would there be some...
  24. M

Transfer case fluid: XL-12 or Mercon V

I have a 2010 xlt 5speed auto. I just changed out my trany & TC fluids. according to my vehicle specs calls for the XL-12 type fluid and I used the Valvoline transfer case fluid which meets ford's specs for the TC. Been running it for about a month now and no problems.
  25. M

Changed tranny filter now o/d light flashes

oh yea a qt and half low will most probably cause some issues for sure.
Back