Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Michael W

Liftgate position memory

I pressed the button to set the liftgate height at full open. However, every time I close it, it forgets. Suggestions?
  2. Michael W

2018 Platinum dash rattle

I have an 18 Platinum that over the past few thousand miles has developed an irritating rattle that happens above 40 mph only. 54k miles. It seems to be emanating from the front defroster vents. I have tried to blow whatever is in there out and vacuum them as well to no avail. I inserted a...
  3. Michael W

Hybrid trim levels

Why didn't ford offer the hybrid in the 21 platinum trim?
  4. Michael W

FORScan: adding digital temp and boost gauge

I saw video where someone added numeric temperature over gauge. They also had a turbo boost gauge. This was on an F150. Can these be added to the Explorer using Forscan?
  5. Michael W

Nav/radio/touchscreen issues

My 2018 Platinum nav/touchscreen is having an issue. It is out of warranty. The GPS sometimes works right after the vehicle starts and then gets lost. The touchscreen and volume knob work but usually with a lag. The Sirius radio station change sometimes take 15 or more seconds. How can I...
  6. Michael W

Center AC Vent Vane Loose

After trying to comply with the law and installing an AC vent-mounted phone holder, the vent on which it was attached has become loose and does not move with the vane control. Is there a fix for this? It's just one of the louvers that don't stay in sync with the others. 2018 Explorer Platinum
  7. Michael W

2018 Explorer Platinum Rear Door Won't Open from Inside

My 2018 Explorer Platinum's right rear door won't open from the inside. It's still under warranty so I am getting the dealer to fix it. The door opens from the outside fine. No accident damage. Child lock is not on. Has anyone else run into this issue? I had it happen on my '11 Fusion and I had...
  8. Michael W

2018 Explorer Map Light Wiring

I want to take a tap off the map light to power my dash cam. Does anyone know of any article to help me do this?
  9. Michael W

2018 Explorer Foot Activated Liftgate - Intermittent

I have a 2018 Platinum and I am suddenly having a regular problem getting the foot-activated liftgate to open. It has worked once in the past month. I have looked under the rear and see no obstructions (I don't even know what the sensors look like). I do have a light that is plugged into my...
  10. Michael W

Unable to delete text messages from car

My car shows every text message that has shown up since I bought it in March. How do I delete the text messages from my car? There is no delete message option.
  11. Michael W

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

I have a new 2018 Ex Plat with 200 miles on it. The SiriusXM radio works...sometimes. I am often left without anything as the radio displays "Acquiring Satellite Signal", often after I have been listening for a while. Has anyone else had a similiar problem?
  12. Michael W

My New 2018 Explorer

Note: the Cargo Cover is nothing like the cover in my parents' Range Rover. It's a flimsy piece of canvas
  13. Michael W

Converting a Platinum to Sport

I like all the features of the '17 Platinum that I can't get on the Sport model: rain sensing wipers, non-black seats, parking assist, multi-contour seats, heated rear seats, digital instrument cluster, automatic high beams. I would like the Platinum to handle like the Sport and have Sport...
  14. Michael W

Why Mod a New Vehicle?

Stupid question time: I am getting my '17 Platinum within a few weeks. Why would I want to put a mod on it? I am not sure that this gearhead talk is sinking in.
Back