Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. darkunderlord

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Looks good. You could do the rears, but you're right to pay someone if you can, because they are a pain in the butt. I had a crows foot to reach in and it was still very hard. The turn makes all the difference in and XLT. I have a different tune, but it's probably similar to the Livernois. Mine...
  2. darkunderlord

Looks good! I think my 2017 already has Sync 3. Love it for android auto,etc.
  3. darkunderlord

Several months ago I finally upgraded the wheels. Got new Michelin tires on some Ray's Gram-Lights 57ANA's. These wheels are on r35 GTRs, etc but I wanted something sporty. Really wanted the 22 inch wheels from the Ford Flex that are baller, but the ones I bought had alot of corrosion so sold...
  4. darkunderlord

I did the same several years back. Love it!
  5. darkunderlord

Ok so finally did alot of stuff I've been wanting to do, since we had a week off for Fall Break. I already had done the rear shocks in the summer, but had more to do now. I bought Bilstein's for the rear, but will wait to install those, because I put in KYB in the summer since Bilstein's were on...
  6. darkunderlord

Changed the spark plugs today with NGK Iridium IX 6509's. First three were very easy, back 3 I used YouTube to tell me how to take the intake off, etc. Not too hard, but just takes a little time. I have to admit, there is a small bolt under the throttlebody that holds the intake on. I...
  7. darkunderlord

Oh yeah, I also a while back took off my EXPLORER letters on the hood and made "BIG MONEY" (my business) as close to font and slant as I could and 3d printed it (PLA for testing, then had external 3d printer do it in ABS since PLA will absolutely not survive direct sunlight and will soften and...
  8. darkunderlord

Ok, but with the supply chain issues, For the bilsteins... I have one front left shock that came quick. The front right will come in a month, and the rears in two months. lol So In a couple months I'll try to remember to take some pics etc. The KYB's feel good, so I think anyone wanting just an...
  9. darkunderlord

Installed new KYB rear struts (temporary) two days ago, while I wait for all the bilsteins to get here in the next 2 months. Also FINALLY ordered the H&R lowering springs too. Also doing my first spark plug change with the nice Iridiums. Has 95K miles and still haven't changed the plugs. LOL
  10. darkunderlord

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

I've had the Unleashed tune on mine for 4 years (he tweaked different stuff for me just how I wanted it). It's for 93 octane since I use that mostly, course nowadays I'm putting in E85. the only two gas stations in town are a county block away. :D I also have the K&N CAI and they tuned for that...
  11. darkunderlord

Explanation please! I'm a big time geek and am very curious.
  12. darkunderlord

I ordered 2 different sets that were supposed to fit my 2017 XLT and they were off on setup. UGH!
  13. darkunderlord

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Hey all, I just got my 2017 Ford Explorer XLT and loving it so far. It has the nine speaker system, no nav, etc. I believe it's the 202A package. I want to add my amp and subs to the stereo. I believe I'll have to tap into the speaker wires, as I have done before, but that usually ends up...
Back