Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Roof Rail Separating

I've tried with Ford and they ultimately never reply to me, it's so frustrating. I swear the people who answer and create my case know absolutely nothing about cars. So I've already had the fix, so you're saying to drill new holes in addition to the ones from the fix that somehow failed? Maybe...
  2. B

Roof Rail Separating

Here's what it looks like. I'm not sure if the christmas tree bolts they used failed or were drilled in the wrong spot or they're just not rigid enough....
  3. B

Roof Rail Separating

So I had the recall repair for 21S22 done on my vehicle. It's been about 14 months and it has failed again. I took to the dealership and I was denied by Ford to have it fixed again because it's been over a year and recalls only have a year of warranty. Other than paying $380 to have one rail...
  4. B

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Added Weathertech mud flaps to my Ex yesterday! Those little plastic pins and screws are a pain in the butt! Oh and for the rear you need a very odd socket bit to remove the bolts, 5.5mm. Local autoshop just let me borrow theirs since I had everything except the one I needed.
  5. B

No Glove Box Light

Can confirm my 2017 based does not have a glove box either.
  6. B

Nice armrest tray, I literally just gone one myself but without the name in it.
  7. B

@SickSix Nice work, looks great! You just have to swap out those Ford emblems on the front and back to make it allllllll black! How it go on the front grill? I've contemplated do that to the grill of my 17 base as it has silver bars in it too. I've already plasti dipped my rear chrome...
  8. B

Roof Rail Separating

Yeah everything is fine inside, I did check. Part of me wants to say that nothing was done at all only because it's was clearly not fixed and I could tell when I was 20 feet from the car. How they thought it was ok and brought it back out... who knows. I have an email and voicemail into the...
  9. B

Has anybody installed the 2016/17 OEM Crossbars

This is what the head of the plastic screws looks like. The metal ones for the bars use the same tool but the head of the screw is thicker.
  10. B

Has anybody installed the 2016/17 OEM Crossbars

Yes, I got them for my new 17 Ex and installed them myself in about 15 min. If you've already got them, take them both out of the box and and place them with the right part facing forward, there are stickers or an embossed arrow on them showing which way should be front facing. It comes with...
  11. B

Roof Rail Separating

So I had an appointment on 9/26 to have them look at it. They replaced the entire roof rail on the driver side, the bottom part that is attached to the roof and the plastic cap that goes over it. I was walking out to my Explorer and looked at it and the same issue was there, I was like WTF...
  12. B

Changing Out Front/Rear Emblems

I just re-added the photos to my original post. There was a change to Dropbox so they no longer showed up, all good now!
  13. B

Roof Rail Separating

I'm going in for my first oil change next week. Will have the service guys take a look at it. If they do have to replace it like then I'll make an appointment.
  14. B

Roof Rail Separating

For reference, here's the passenger side where there is no issue at all.
  15. B

Roof Rail Separating

Here's the inside where you can see it's not flush. I've tried taking out the screw and seeing if that was doing anything but it's not related.
  16. B

Roof Rail Separating

Something I noticed about 2 weeks ago was that my driver side rear roof rail it was separating. I can press back down on it and it will snap back in but now it keeps popping out. I even heard it pop out when I was driving. I'm not sure what could have caused this or how I can fix it...
  17. B

Removal of the front and rear ford emblem

@Bhamdhub you can check my thread out too for help http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/2017-explorer-base-changing-out-front-rear-emblems.460196/#post-3611034
  18. B

Yes, I took a black sharpie to it. You will never know unless you're face to face with the emblem. Chips are so small it's really no big deal. If it gets worse or something big chips off I may look to replace the entire emblem.
  19. B

No, he said he makes it himself. If I recall right I think it was mailed to me from TN, but I got a lot of stuff that week so I could be wrong. It's an OEM ford emblem that he paints. I think I'll just get some touch up paint and use that, if it gets worse I'd want to get a new one but not...
  20. B

@Summers22 was just looking today and I noticed three spots where the paint is chipping along an edge. I reached out to the seller on eBay just to see what he says about it, no reply yet. I may have to figure out a way to fix it myself it it continues or gets worse.
  21. B

Roof Cargo Bag?

Found a sweet deal on a Yakima Skybox Carbonite 21! Picking it up later today.
  22. B

Roof Cargo Bag?

Yeah I was looking at those Yakima Skyboxes, thinking of the 18 or 21. But with a my car having a 100lb max on top the case itself is nearly 50 lbs. There are a few on Offer Up i'm looking at.
  23. B

Roof Cargo Bag?

I wish I could but no hitch on my base model.
  24. B

Roof Cargo Bag?

Possibly, from the photos of the item on Amazon the straps towards the back need to secure around the bar. I might have to rig some kind of fastener that can attach to those screw in eye hooks and also be wide enough to accept the cargo strap. Something for me to think about.
  25. B

Roof Cargo Bag?

I have a base 17 Ex so no sunroof or hitch. Yes, I'm aware of the 100lb limit, not trying to put heavy stuff up there, just larger items that take up space inside. Not sure how I would secure a cargo bag with the flush roof rails. I could prob rig something but I'd prefer not to and then test...
Back