Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Radio Problem

94 With Premium Sound While driving the radio suddenly stops playing and their is now a message on the radio display screen "BAD" what mite be wrong?
  2. R

EGR pipe problem

I trying to change the egr valve on a 94 and having no luck removing the pipe from the exhaust manifold that screws into the bottom of the valve. I put a wrench with a pipe on it and it won't budge. any and all suggestions appreciated.
  3. R

Tranny cooler lines leaking

Bump for help
  4. R

Tranny cooler lines leaking

94 explorer I noticed a red stain on the ground under the front of my truck. Looking under it appears the trans cooler lines are leaking the surface is rusted badly. I'm afraid to drive it in fear the lines mite let go and fry my tranny. Called Ford for replacement lines and was told there...
  5. R

Clunking noises in front at low RPMs

Had the same problem with my 94 steering wheel would suddenly jerk to the left and then steering would get hard replaced front axle Ujoints which were rusted in really bad and now problem is gone. easy do it your self job.
  6. R

Axle shaft out fluid leaking

No
  7. R

Axle shaft out fluid leaking

I'm in the middle of replacing front axle ujoints. when I pulled axle on passenger side everything went fine. But when I pulled axle on drivers side fluid began to flow after axle was out about 1/2 pint. Is this normal or is the seal shot. Car was also leaning towards drivers side. How do I...
  8. R

Mrboyle

Bump
  9. R

Mrboyle

I'm sure your familar with the bolt I'm talking about, the head of it is 6mm and about 1/3 of that is rusted away. I 'm not aware that they make easyouts that small
  10. R

Auto Hub Conversion - Special Tools Req'd?

Any Autozone will loan you the tool for free.
  11. R

Mrboyle

94 EX Doing front axle Ujoints one side no problem, the other side the 2 bolts that hold the anti lock break sensor are rusted to the point where the 6 mm 12 point socket doesn't work. The other bolt an 8mm 6 point is also rusted but I think I can get that out by cutting a slot and using a...
  12. R

Anti lock brake sensor bolts 94 ex 8/28

Somebody has to have had this problem.
  13. R

Anti lock brake sensor bolts 94 ex 8/28

Doing front axle Ujoints one side no problem, the other side the 2 bolts that hold the anti lock break sensor are rusted to the point where the 6 mm 12 point socket doesn't work. The other bolt an 8mm 6 point is also rusted but I think I can get that out by cutting a slot and using a...
  14. R

Front ABS sensor removal

I need to change the u-joint on the left side of my 94 Explorer. My Haynes manual makes no mention of the abs sensor. How do I remove it and any tips on removing the axle would be helpfull also. TIA
  15. R

Steering problem

Help Is there someone here that might know whats wrong?
  16. R

Steering problem

No there isn't any noise but I notice now theres a clunk coming from under the truck if you tap the break hard while going slow.I don't know if thats related or not. I would hate to have to take this to the Ford "stealer". But I'm new to the area and haven't found a good mechanic.
  17. R

Steering problem

My wifes 94 explorer has developed an intermitent steering problem. As she's driving along the steering wheel will suddenly jerk hard to the left and the steering becomes harder to steer. If she moves the wheel back and forth it resumes back to normal this may go a couple of days working fine...
  18. R

Transmission Fluid Cleaning???

I have seen a machine that replaces trans fluid with fresh fluid and it works quite well, it replaces the fluid in the trans,converter and cooler with "fresh" fluid not recleaned. I would be suspect of something that "cleans" the old fluid. PS if you plan on keeping your truck I would stay...
  19. R

belt question 93-94 limited

Are both pulleys the same diameter?
  20. R

poor mileage ruff Idle

Changing this and changing that is not the answer unless you know those things are "bad" for sure.Sometimes its cheaper in the long run to take it to a professional and have it checked out. Its worth a $50 bill or so to know exactly whats wrong. the hard part is finding the pro.
  21. R

'94 Explorer "Bucking" at low RPM

I had a similar problem and checked Plugs and spark wires. Pull off one at a time with engine idling which ever one doesn't change rpm speed is your culprit. turned out to be one of plugs had a hairline crack and at low rpm wouldn't fire.
  22. R

Poor Running 94 Help needed asap

Bump
  23. R

Mile Marker manual hubs question...

Both the Milemarker and Warn Hubs for the 94 Explorer are Black and I suspect they are made by the same company as side by side except for the name tag you can't tell them apart and Milemarker are cheaper.
  24. R

Rattle under load.

"Pinging" can usually be cleared up by cleaning MAFS.do a search to see how its done.
Back