Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2016+ low speed surging

Not that I'm aware of. Our 2017 has been doing this since new and for 6 years now. We just joke about "The Beast" doing the Herky Jerky every time it happens.
  2. S

Time for tires

I'm buying at Costco, so that limits my choices although I'm a Michelin fan. I have the X LT A/S on the way, but the other choice is the Primacy Tour A/S although those will cost about $30 per tire more.
  3. S

Time for tires

Well, I guess there aren't a whole lot of opinions on this subject. I think I'm going to give the Michelin X LT's a go even though they have a less than sportier profile. There are mostly 5 star reviews on them everywhere I've read, and I do like them on my 2016 Silverado.
  4. S

Time for tires

It's tire time for our 2017 Platinum. We don't put many miles on our vehicles (Only 25K Currently) but the tires are 80+% worn in the front and they're almost 6 years old. I have a set of the X LT A/S Michelins ordered from Costco, but I'm having reservations about using them on our Explorer. I...
  5. S

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

But the file is actually a 2020 that came out about this time last year, correct? I'm going to buy Ford's 5 year subscription, but I wanted to start our subscription when a new release just hit.
  6. S

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

Is there a new Map out for Sync 3 explorers?
  7. S

Ordered a 22

This is not for a dealer stock unit. We are going to order an Explorer, and the offer is good on special ordered units through 4-4-22. My California dealer is included in the promo, but they put your name into the Ford system and it has to come up that you are eligible which it did not. That's...
  8. S

Ordered a 22

I suppose it is possible they targeted only current lease holders and not those of us who purchased through Ford Financial.
  9. S

Ordered a 22

My dealer says it's a targeted incentive for current owners. Not for first time buyers and it's through Ford, not the dealer. They want me to call Ford and see if they'll add me to the offer. Our 2017 is a purchase, not a lease.
  10. S

Ordered a 22

We have a 2017 Platinum, and we're kicking around the idea of ordering a 2022. My dealer has been advertising a $1000 bonus incentive for ordering a unit, but he says this offer is targeted and we are not listed with Ford to receive the offer. Anybody know how this works? Our 2017 is financed...
  11. S

Sync 3 and Navigation Map Updates

Is the NA-19 update out? I have received emails and a letter about an available update recently.
  12. S

Sync 3 and Navigation Map Updates

I have a 2017 and was looking into this update, but after reading the comments here I'm not going to spend $109 for a map version that's only a year newer and almost 2 years out of date. Good grief!
  13. S

2016+ low speed surging

I agree that it's annoying. Ours has been doing this since day one of ownership over 2 years ago. Even more annoying is that they don't have a clue how to correct it apparently, to the point they refuse to publicly recognize it. I will not even take ours to a dealer for this unless they come of...
  14. S

sync 3 which maps are installed?

I contacted HERE at the end of 2018. This is their response: Hello Steven, Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. Your 2017 Ford Explorer has a SYNC3 system, and although Ford uses our map data, we do not provide SYNC3 support on their behalf. For information or support for SYNC3...
  15. S

2017 Platinum Explorer - No heated mirrors with remote start

Did anyone ever figure this out? My wife's 2017 Platinum that usually parked in the garage has been outside the last couple nights. I remote started this morning, and the driver's mirror was not heating and completely fogged up, although all the windows had cleared.
  16. S

sync 3 which maps are installed?

Anybody know how you get a Navigation Map upgrade for a 2017 Explorer? Ford's nav website shows nothing is available. How can that be since the factory nav version is 1 15?
  17. S

2016+ low speed surging

Our 2017 has been doing this since we bought it in March of 2017. We've just learned to live with it. The service manager where we bought it said it was turbo lag! So we knew at that point he had zero mechanical knowledge.
  18. S

Are 2017 Explorer Platinum Seats more comfortable?

OK-That would protect the seat, but at the expense of looking less than classy. I'm hoping these online parts catalogs get updates at some point so the part numbers for the factory leather seat covers are shown.
  19. S

Seat Back Cover, RIGHT SEAT BACK W/ O POLICE INTERCEPTOR, LEATHER, EBONY, W/ PLATINUM Only the L&R seat back covers in Ebony are listed for the Platinum models. No seat bottom covers in Ebony, and no seat back or bottom covers in Ceramic listed for the Platinum models.
  20. S

Thanks for the link to the seats discolored thread. The catalog link is the same one I've found myself, however none of the cover part numbers listed say Platinum Ceramic in the description.
  21. S

seats discolored

We have the issue as well on our 2017 Platinum with Ceramic leather.
  22. S

Anybody know how to get the part numbers for the Platinum seat covers? We have the Ceramic which looks nice, but my wife's jeans are discoloring the leather after just a few months. So I figured I'd look into buying a spare driver's side seat cover for down the road when it looks really bad...
  23. S

Oil Change interval

OK-Peace out now that I've been called an idiot.
  24. S

Oil Change interval

I'm guessing you don't keep your vehicles 8-10 years like we do?
  25. S

Oil Change interval

Not concerned that anything is wrong with the engine. And sending the oil off for testing like you suggested would most likely say it was fine. But for $40 and an hour of my time, I'm going with my sooner and more often than recommended intervals.:)
Back