Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Has anyone ever had a P0457 EVAP code before??

Today I had an issue with my truck misfiring and the check engine light continuosly blinking on and off and shortly afterwards a Fuel Cap missing fault appeared. After driving for a few minutes the truck started to run smoothly again and when I did a diagnostic scan several codes came up. P0175...
  2. M

Door Ajar Light Stays On!!!

No it doesn't come on or off when I drive over bumps. If I could just find a way to determine which door it is without having to take apart all 4 doors I feel like I can easily trace it down.
  3. M

Ok I like that solution as well. How were you able.to determine which door switch that wasn't working. Did you eventually have to unplug all the door switches to find out which one was bad?
  4. M

What kind of scanner is needed and where can i purchase one. This problem is killing me also..
  5. M

P0172 code error

I can see your point and I totally agree. I'm just upset with myself because I overlooked the simple things when diagnosing the problem. It turned out to be a very dirty air filter that was causing the CEL to come on..But at the end of the day I guess I have to accept the fact that I'm only...
  6. M

P0172 code error

Thanks for the info. I finally was able to find the problem. It turned out to be a dirty air filter. After I replaced it, the CEL went off in about 30 min and hasn't came back on since. It's amazing how the simplest of things can get you.
  7. M

P0172 code error

Well I'm concerned because the check engine light annoys the crap out of me and it's obviously on for a reason. I don't believe in ignoring check engine lights whether the truck is running fine or not..
  8. M

Thanks
  9. M

P0172 code error

Hello all. I'm trying to figure out what's the deal with this P 0172 code that won't seem to go away on my 02 explorer 4.0. I recently replaced plugs, wires, ignition coil, MAF sensor and air intake. According to the scan tool data from AutoZone it's saying bank 1&2 are too lean but my truck is...
  10. M

P0175 & P0172 code

Wow it's quite amazing that you had your wires crossed up for so long. My experience with crossing wires up has always been extremely rough idling and misfiring. So your vehicle actually idled smooth with the wires being crossed up?
  11. M

Hello all. I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I just recently purchased a 2002 ford explorer xlt which is in excellent shape. This explorer has over 200,000 miles on it and it runs great! and I absolutely love it!!
Back