Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Sputters and dies when idle, coming to stop and occasionally at higher rpm's too

2000 Explorer 4.0 V6 234,x.. miles So here lies the issue, my engine has been a bit sputtery, i can start the engine no problem (i always pump the gas twice before i turn over, its cold a lot around here) and after a few seconds it start to sputter and wants to die, sometimes it does die and...
  2. N

Blower motor

P.s. I feel heat still when I turn the dial to full red just no fan.
  3. N

Blower motor

I drive a 2000 explorer. The fan completely stopped working. No matter what number I'm on and nothing for heat or AC. I checked fuses and they were good. I'm pretty sure its the blower motor but the videos ive seen show them changing either a blower motor under the hood or one under the glove...
  4. N

Transmission late shift from 1st to 2nd

I havent experienced the same thing since that day. It has been shifting more like it was before. I noticed today that the rpm gabe was stuck at 0 as I was accelerating. I revved up just slightly and it jumped up to 1500 which makes me think the rpms I told you originally were wrong. The best...
  5. N

Transmission late shift from 1st to 2nd

2000 explorer 4wd automatic So the explorer had been driving ok. A week or so ago I had made note that it seems to do a little bit if late shifting in the later gears but nothing that I was worrying about. Yesterday I went out for the day went 2 town over and no issues. I stopped at walmart when...
  6. N

00 explorer ball joints

When you change ball joints can you only lift and support one side at a time or both?
  7. N

00 explorer ball joints

I'm replacing all 4 ball joints do I want to put the jack stands under the lower control arms and lower down all the way so full support of vehicle is rested on them? I know I should know this but embarrassingly Im new to mechanicing. Thanks in advance, much appreciated.
  8. N

2000 explorer lower ball joints

You guys have helped take a lot of the doubt away that i had about ordering parts. I'm confident to say Im about to place my order on rock auto and gonna go for the moogs. Thanks again much appreciated.
  9. N

That totally slipped my mind thank you. I didnt even realize those were upper ball joints I was looking at. I dont believe the lowers have been changed more than once if at all. How would I know if I needed an over sized lower? If its tight enough that I need to use a press, should they be tight...
  10. N

If I remember right it was for one upper on one side and lower on the other side. But if I'm gonna dig into her why not go all the way around huh? Ha. What do you know about buying 1.9" or 2.0" lower ball joints? Cause on some that ive come across the size isnt even in the description. Thank...
  11. N

Took it in to les schwab for an alignment and they said I needed new ball joints first and quoted me 600. After finding parts online for ball joints all the way around and to buy the tools I didnt already have ill be in around 200 bucks. And especially after researching how to do it myself by...
Back