Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rear heated seat issue

Nothing yet. I recently got Forscan back up and running so planning on scanning the Explorer to see if it shows anything.
  2. B

Rear heated seat issue

Well, I am still here :), and still an Explorer owner. We now have a 2018 Sport and the rear heated seats have stopped working. On the 2016, the dealer replaced the seat element on the affected side. On our 2018, neither seat is working which make me wonder if the issue is with a control...
  3. B

2016 Limited 2nd row passenger heated seat not working

The issue with our 2018 was a faulty heating element fixed under warranty. Less than a year late and both seats are not working again
  4. B

Well, I'm back with the same issue, this time with our 2018 Explorer Sport... It is at the dealership right now getting checked. 35,871 miles so under warranty (I hope). I will update this when I find out what the fix is.
  5. B

Drivetrain malfunction upon startup

Yep, that is what ticket said. Under warranty. Notes on ticket are: “Codes-P0107&P0109. TSB 19-2212 applies MAPT sensor replaced as per TSB 19-2212.” Part number: AA5Z-9F479-E TSB matches perfectly to the issue I experienced. I am thinking about purchasing a MAPT sensor to have in the...
  6. B

Got the car back this morning. All seems to be well.
  7. B

I know this is a long shot as this is an old post, but did you ever get this resolved, OP? Our 2018 Ex Sport with around 35k miles did this on the way home Friday evening. Left me stranded. Dash had gear icon, check engine light, service AdvanceTrac, Hill Decent, etc. warnings. Prior to...
  8. B

2016 steering wheel controls

Never did figure it out. We ended up trading our 2016 limited for a 2018 Sport with all the bells and whistles. All is good now.
  9. B

Will 275/55R20 fit 2017?

Still all good with the 265/50/20 Continental Terrain Contact AT on our 2018 Sport. Will also note that the speedo is right on with Waze. I suppose that is to be expected as the 0.5" height difference is pretty minimal.
  10. B

Will 275/55R20 fit 2017?

I went with the 265/50/20 Continental Terrain Contact AT on our 2018 Sport and they fit fine. No issues so far.
  11. B

Will 275/55R20 fit 2017?

Anyone had luck with fitting slightly larger tires on the Explorer? Looking at 265/50/20 which are less than 1/2" taller and wider. This size can be found for less than 255/50/20 in same make/model.
  12. B

Sync 3 issues

No doubt. Wanted to make sure to post the follow-up as I have been one of those that have searched on other issues, with other auto makes, on other forums and come up empty. To add to this, the morning we were taking the car in to get APIM replaced, the Explorer had a dead battery and would...
  13. B

Sync 3 issues

Took Explorer in yesterday and they replaced APIM. All is fixed now.
  14. B

Sync 3 issues

Turning off Ford Pass didn't fix the issue. Took car to dealer on Thursday and they diagnosed it as a bad APIM and ordered a new one. We will schedule repair once parts come in, but I will add that now the screen is locked up completely and neither the front or rear cameras show up. Hope this...
  15. B

Would like feedback on the Explorer Sport model

We had a 2016 Limited that we just traded on 4/18 for a 2018 Sport (loaded). Love the Sport so much more than the Limited. The V6 in the Limited is a dog compared to the 3.5L TT. My only complaint with our 2018 is with Sync 3. Apple Car Play works great though. We had a few issues with our...
  16. B

Sync 3 issues

Picked up a 2018 Expy Sport w/ 16500 miles last Thursday. Loving the vehicle so far, but the Sync 3 is acting up. Our 2016 did not have Sync 3 so this is our first experience with this unit. The day after we bought the vehicle we took a trip to St Louis. Used Apple Car Play almost...
  17. B

Part number for the 3 bar map sensor

Yep Peter, that is what I was seeing on Tasca's website too. That part replaces AA5Z-9F479-B, which as I understand is the 3 bar MAP sensor. I will have to check our new to us Explorer and see what the part number of the MAP sensor is currently. Thinking about tuning, but don't want to spend...
  18. B

Part number for the 3 bar map sensor

Anyone know if the 2018 Sport has a 3 bar sensor already?
  19. B

Thank you, Peter. I will check them out.
  20. B

My 2016 Explorer is doing the exact same thing... When attempting to turn on the 2nd row passenger side heated seat, the light on the button flashes then goes off and the seat does not hear up. 2nd row driver's side works fine. Anyone have the part number for the heating element? In my...
  21. B

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Our 2016 is bubbling and has peeled very slightly in one area (not as much as pics above). Ford took some pics and never heard form them again. Service Manager said they probably wouldn't do anything about it.
  22. B

Rear heated seat issue

Having an issue with one side for the rear heated seats in our 2016 Explorer Limited. When attempting to turn-on the rear passenger heated seat, the light quickly flashes then goes off and the seat does not heat up. Left side works as normal. Anyone had this issue and resolved it? Thinking...
  23. B

Rattling Noise from Pillar/Passenger Door??

Our 2016 Limited with 63k miles has a rattle that sounds like it is coming from driver's door area (maybe down low) during highway, or faster, speeds. Been doing it since we bought it with 48k miles. May take the door panel off and try to pinpoint the rattle, but has anyone experienced a...
  24. B

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Spoke to my dealer last time I had the Explorer in for an oil change (couple of weeks ago). Have a small area of bubbling on the hood. Service Manger took some pics to send to Ford. Apparently they came back and said they would not fix it. What do I need to do to get Ford to fix this issue...
  25. B

Weatherstrip issues

Our 2016 has this same issue (both driver and passenger sides). I replaced the driver side as they are inexpensive and easy to swap, but the new one split too (within a very short period of time). Not sure what to do at this point. Seems to be a design flaw or the doors need to be adjusted.
Back