Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

FORD EXPLORER CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED OVER REAR AXLE BOLT

Capstone Law is in the process of filing a class-action suit against Ford concerning the rear subframe/bolt issue. I spoke with them last week and they are now accepting class representatives who have purchased affected Explorers, especially in California. If you are interested in signing on to...
  2. C

ST Aftermarket Exhaust Systems thread

Anyone else considering the new Corsa exhaust? The first clip I heard sounded better than either Borla option...
  3. C

Whipple Intercooler

My dealer is putting the intercooler on for me...
  4. C

Windows Fogging When Parked

So, embarrassed to post this but thought some would want to know. My daughters were in a parade with their girl scouts troop the day before and I left a pile of wet crap in the back, umbrellas, jackets, etc. That was it...
  5. C

Windows Fogging When Parked

I picked up a 2020 ST a couple weeks ago; currently at 1,500 miles. It's been parked the past two days under heavy rain at times. Today I noticed the windows were heavily fogged with condensation on the inside. Has anyone else had this issue?
  6. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

They got back to me, said they already had an ST in and fitted these. They're available on their website to buy now.
  7. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Cool, I'll definitely be able to swing in on them Tuesday if you want to mention. I also sent a message via their contact form.
  8. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Will do. I reached out to them through their website last night. They have a photo of the catch can with the lines on their site, wondering if they already had a fitting?
  9. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Will do. I reached out to them through their website last night. They have a photo of the catch can with the lines on their site, wondering if they already had a fitting?
  10. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

I've been traveling a lot for work the last two weeks. Just now realized I'm going to be in Williamsburg Mon-Wed next week. Tuesday is completely free so I should be able to swing by. It's short notice, but I'll reach out.
  11. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

I may be able to drive down from NoVA if this is still needed...
  12. C

Ride/Noise comparison 2018 Sport vs 2020 ST

I have two young kids and a new ST. Get the ST.
  13. C

Opinions on Deal

I do get that, it adds up. I still think STs at $49k are a steal though...aren't they?
  14. C

Opinions on Deal

Oh naturally. I don't really consider those fine print items as they're part of every new car buying process. I just picked up a new ST, magnetic, with tech pkg, street package and sunroof for $52k (includes $2400 taxes and $1100 delivery fee).
  15. C

Opinions on Deal

I'm buying one right now...any tips on getting better rebates? This is my 3rd Ford in a row from this dealer.
  16. C

Opinions on Deal

2020 Ford Explorer ST in Woodbridge, VA | Washington, DC Ford Explorer | Cowles Parkway Ford
  17. C

Opinions on Deal

They have 3 base STs here for $49k. Looks like several rebates to arrive at these prices.
  18. C

Opinions on Deal

I'm in a 17 Sport currently and had been mulling a 2021 ST, in hopes that Sync 4 would be included. However, I came across what appears to he a great deal today, a Magnetic ST with tech and high-perf brake packages for under $50k. This seems like a very good deal and I'm considering picking...
  19. C

Sport / 3.5EB Slowing Over Time

I know, you're right. I am essentially going by feelz here...something I try to avoid. Reading about this issues elsewhere may bbn have biased me as well. It definitely feels slower, and, I had trouble passing a 5-year-old Pathfinder yesterday. We were both doing 65 when I went to pass on thr...
  20. C

Sport / 3.5EB Slowing Over Time

I've seen reference to this perceived issue in several places over the years. I have 17 Exploree Sport that was purchased new. It feels noticeably slower now than it did a year or so ago. Has anyone else heard of this issue or have an opinion. I believe it was Motor Trend that said the same...
  21. C

700 Mile Owner Review - 2020 ST

With the prior generation Sport mode was separate from the terrain management stuff. I'll probably test drive one of these next week. I really wish they had left the larger screen option in landscape orientation.
  22. C

700 Mile Owner Review - 2020 ST

I'm in a 17 Ex Sport and mulling a 2020 ST. So is there no longer a Sport Mode / Sand Mode combo for extra-spirited driving? I hate the vertical/portrait oriented tablet screens. Am I understanding correctly that those come with the tech package? How are the seats in terms of comfort? I was...
  23. C

17 Explorer Sport Misfire

Dealer updated me today, one of the turbos had a small leak on the output side connection which was bleeding boost, noticeable in the upper RPMs. I guess they didn't put everything back together right after the first round of work. Picking it up in the morning.
  24. C

After having the car back for a few days, I'm noticing it has no power between 4k and 6k rpm...there is also some hesitation when accelerating normally, though it's intermittent. Thoughts?
  25. C

Interesting, thank you. It sounded as though they were doing it as a precaution, though I wonder if they saw/realized something that confirmed thier replacement was needed. They did seem certain that raw fuel made its way through the system as a result of the damaged injectors.
Back