Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

High School Daily Driver

Howdy, I've been around this forum for a while. Long enough that I think it's time I start a thread for my build. Right now I'm a 17 year old in high school. I always been into cars. I've pulled motors, rebuilt them, and worked on cars for years with my dad. Right now I have some issues with the...
  2. T

Engine Misfiring on Bank 1

For clarification, you went from running rich to running lean just because of a change of spark plugs, wire, and ignition coil?
  3. T

sunroof issues

Could you take the switch apart and do a continuity test to make sure it's working correctly? If it's not your switch then check the motor that moves it and make sure it's getting power. If it is then I bet you just got a bad window motor.
  4. T

2004 ford sport trac

What do you mean by maximize the travel?
  5. T

Sequenctial gearbox

That sounds awesome but I've never remotely heard of anyone doing that in these trucks, I would be very interested to see it done though!
  6. T

Running fine then it quit

If it's still not running I'd take a look at if you're getting spark, then it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and do a compression test and see what's going on in that department. Those compression tests can tell you a surprising amount. I assume you're getting fuel.
  7. T

Never seen a rear main like this one before...

I did end up getting the new seal on and subsequently the flywheel, hopefully I'll be dropping it in the truck tonight. Again thanks for all of the help!
  8. T

A special tool to install and remove it? Yeah if you think he would know how I'd love to hear his opinion!
  9. T

So while putting timing chains in my 4.0 SOHC I got to the point of every 4.0 when you install a new rear main because it seems like these things go every 100k miles. But when I did I ran into this seal and it looks nothing like the others I've seen. It's got the metal thing around the crank...
  10. T

No spark or ODBII port connection after motor swap

Yep that fixed it. Now I just need to work out some kinks in the system
  11. T

... after deciding to tear into wires and all that I pulled the PCM out for laughs.... and I think I found my problem.... this may not solve the spark issue but I'm almost certain that it's the ODBII problem!
  12. T

Hey guys, in June I created a thread for my problem and it just kind of died and I also feel that I didn't have enough knowledge about the problem. But now I know more and I'd like to figure this out this time. I did a motor swap this summer, for my 2001 st and once I got the whole thing...
  13. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

There is no spark and no fuel injectors
  14. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

So how exactly do we know that PATS is the problem?
  15. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

Its the same key and same PATS stuff. It shouldn't be a problem.
  16. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

Not really. I grabbed some small black box out of it that I could find because a family friend suggested the same thing. But I don't believe it's anything like the ecu.
  17. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

How do I check for that? Volt meter from the hot on the battery to where on the coil pack?
  18. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

Do you mean the coil pack mounts? If so I'm so sorry I feel so dumb XD we always just called it the coil pack. Just see if the coil pack is getting a good ground?
  19. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

Nope Where is that? How do I check for that? Thank you all for the help
  20. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

Any idea's on how to test if the sensors are good?
  21. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

I just ran out to the garage and put a continuity tester from the block to the battery ground. It's definitely good. Less than an ohm resistance
  22. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

What do you mean by grounds? Like the grounds that tie the engine to the body?
  23. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

They all seem good to go to my knowledge but yeah I had thought about that because I know the CPU won't let the ignition coil give spark if they aren't good to go, but I'm pretty sure they're okay. What I tried to do was hook up our code reader (which well let you see the rpms in real time on a...
  24. T

No Spark on Rebuilt 4.0

Update: When I connect a OBDII computer I get a link error like it isn't connected. Could that mean this is a computer problem?
Back