Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Air conditioning stopped working

I had an issue with only hot air coming through the vents, no matter what setting I had it on. Thought that it was AC unit, but turned out the air blend door motor was stuck in only 1 position - HOT. I believe there was a thread on here about replacing that. I have an '08, so I'm not sure if...
  2. D

'09 Explorer EVAP codes

Sadly, I think the only thing would be to replace the neck. Mine was a minor EVAP leak, but still had to have the neck replaced...about $500 later I think it was and the code is gone.
  3. D

Removing 3rd row seats, anyone ever done this?

The main reason would be for some extra storage lower to the floor. The seats themselves fold completely flat if I want to sleep in the back, I've got a twin mattress back there before just fine.
  4. D

Sorry for the silence on my part everyone. The 2nd row is a 60/40 split and both (driver and passenger) sides can lift up to allow access to the 3rd row. That is why I think it is fairly simple to unbolt those from the floor and remove them through the back door. My initial question was about...
  5. D

60/40 Bench. I haven't looked at it, but I would think it would be pretty straight forward, no?
  6. D

Thanks for the info! It was mostly because the entire time I've had her I've only used the 3rd row twice for people... I think perhaps removing the 2nd row instead would be better for space? Just an after thought...
  7. D

New to the forum and first time posting, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I have a 2008 XLT that seats 7. Wife and I are looking into camping more often and I was wondering if anyone had experience removing the last row of seats for more storage in the back? Tips, tricks, and...
Back