Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Should I buy an Explorer Sport?

I love the Explorer, as I used to have an 04 Explorer. I now have the chance to acquire another one, a 2016-2017 Sport. The auction sells them for 32-34k with them being worth aroudn 36-38k. Do they have great power? Bad comparison, but my mother has a 2018 Porsche Macan GTS. I'm comparing it to...
  2. E

I miss my Explorer.

It's been about 6 months since I sold my 2004 Ford Explorer, 120k miles, $3500. I miss it so much. In its place came a 2017 VW Jetta. I love my Jetta, it's quick to my standards (which aren't very high) and very practical. But I miss being higher above the ground in my Explorer. I miss having...
  3. E

What happened?

I'm disappointed in Ford. The fifth gen Explorer is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but its image is destroyed. If you type in "Ford Explorer mudding" on YouTube, you won't see a dirty fifth gen in any thumbnails and most likely any fifth gen mudding. So why is it still called the Explorer??? I...
  4. E

My farewell.

Farewell, Explorer Forum. Though I've only been on this forum for a short period of time, I have sold my 2004 Explorer XLS. She was sold for $3,500 to a buyer from Craigslist who also owned a Ford Explorer. 122,821 miles on her at the time of sale, cash was given and off we went to the...
  5. E

Terrible Fuel Consumption

Hi, I've a 2004 Explorer XLS BASE with the 4.0L RWD. I have had fuel issues for a while, but I've been driving it for the last few months and fuel consumption is just absolute ass. I drove 11 miles today, with 2 gallons in my tank, and after driving, I had used 1.5 gallons. Is this normal? What...
  6. E

Rear Sway Bushings

So, uhh, I went to go check for my rear sway bushings, and I apparently don't have any there.
  7. E

04' A/C Motors

The A/C in my 04' XLS Base blows out of the vents, lightly out of the leg vents (when on) and also always blows out of the defroster, causing condensation on my windows. When you turn the mode switches, you can here the motors grinding as they switch modes. So can anyone tell me what I need to...
  8. E

Should I upgrade?

I have a base 04 XLS 4DR with no upgrade features. Since you can get a 03-05 Limited with everything for pretty reasonable, I was thinking, should I get one? They're pretty safe for me (I'm a teen) and have features that modern day cars have. Thoughts?
  9. E

Should I supercharge or turbocharge?

I'm no car guy, I'm into the appearance of a car, but at the same time the performance. I don't know much about engines. I know though, that supercharging and turbocharging gives more power(?). I am considering one of those options on my 04' XLS Base model. I would like more power, a better...
Back