Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Chato's '98 V8 Mountaineer SAS build

Picked up the first piece of the SAS puzzle today. It's a HP Dana 44 HD out of a '79 F250. I decided to go full width and convert the Dana 44 to 5x5.5, F250 calipers, Dodge rotors and F150 wheel hubs. The rear will have a Sterling 9.75 (99-03) trussed. I sold the Ranger and bought a cleaner '99...
  2. C

How similar is your Sport Trac to the 3rd Gen explorers? Debating on buying either a 2nd Gen or...

How similar is your Sport Trac to the 3rd Gen explorers? Debating on buying either a 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen to SAS. I've been following project LazyBoy but he hasn't posted in a while and didn't go into as much detail as the Mountaineer project. My specific questions are the transfer case
  3. C

Project Lazyboy SAS...

Love this build. Almost want to build a 3rd Gen instead of a 2nd gen
  4. C

4 door v8 on coils..

Also how did you get the Dana 20 splines to work with the transmission splines? I'm planning on using the Dana 20 as well to avoid the slip yoke on the 4406
  5. C

'98 mountaineer v8 hp44 sas soa on 35's

Do you have a custom steering shaft?
  6. C

4 door v8 on coils..

What did you do with your speedometer?
  7. C

After more research I found out the Dana 44 has vacuum disconnect which isn't going to work for me. Oh well might just go full widths and a deep offset to tuck the tires in as deep as possible
  8. C

Well I'm picking up a '83 Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 this weekend so I figured I'd start my build thread now and use this to ask for suggestions and questions I may have from here on out. Back story: I originally bought the Mountaineer for $300 to v8 swap my '90 Ranger but the condition of it won me...
  9. C

Ford 9" Question/ Tone ring/ VSS... HELP? lol

Bumping a 2 year old thread because I'm wondering the same thing. Did you ever figure it out?
  10. C

Broken CMP sensor replacement

Thank you I was hoping that was the case
  11. C

Broken CMP sensor replacement

I've been searching for hours but can't find the right answer for my current problem. Here's a little back story, I purchased a running and driving 1998 Mounty 5.0 AWD from a co-worker for $300. Once I drove it home I noticed the Cam position sensor is broken off at the female end of the plug...
  12. C

New member from MO

Hi all, New member here from the Kansas City, MO area. Just bought a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer running and driving mechanics special for $100. It's the AWD 5.0L but definitely needs some love. I was originally thinking of using it as my donor vehicle for my 1990 Ranger 4.0 A4LD but I'm leaning to...
Back