Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Unknown Part

Its apparently a speaker to make engine sounds. I just finished building a hybrid and when its in drive at low speed under 15km. you cant hear the thing what so ever. Not sure at what speed it kicks in at.. but thats what iv been told. Its some electronic engine vroom vroom device
  2. M

2017 Towing Question

Sadly my utility didnt come with a tow hitch so i had one installed. Trailer i want to haul has electronic brakes n what not. Where do i find the harness to connect a brake controller to? Iv checked the glove box but didnt see anything up inside of that., My buddy gave me his wire harness to...
  3. M

wheel bearings (rear)

JUST did mine yesterday. Had a huge hummmmm to it. My mechanic said they were super f'kt I got some inner/outter bushing but he said they were fine.. so was just the 2 hubs. Nice n quiet now
  4. M

2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Didnt try it via Forscan. Used IDS to enable it. I'll try Forscan and see if i can disable it tomorrow and then reenable
  5. M

Autolock grayed out in IPC

Same deal for my 17 PIU. AutoUNLOCK works and i can turn it on/off. AutoLOCK shows but is grey out
  6. M

Vehicle image in IPC

I changed my AUX switch icons to the vehicle image. I like it alot better (as i dont use the aux option) doors, trunk, hood, low tire pressure all light up on the icon
  7. M

Dark car works fine on my 17. Even have an option in the vehicle lighting menu called silent mode? i think. Does just this Surveillance mode is the thing that uses the parking sensors and will roll up the windows, lock the doors and turn on the reverse lights when someone sets off a sensor. Have...
  8. M

How do you add a switch for the police idle system to function? And i cant seem to get Autolock to work. It shows in the menu but grey out. Auto unlock works tho.. Iv checked the forscan setting a few times and all are correct as the documents say they should be.. but just cant get that option...
  9. M

19E02 - Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming ???

I had mine done, didnt notice anything. They also re calibrated something for the catalytic converter as part of a recall. Engine light came back on with code PO420 so ford says the cats have to be replaced (under the recall) Apparently their 1st step is re calibrating and that "should" fix the...
  10. M

New version of forscan is out. Has alot of new features (most of the stuff from the as built list) are now added in
  11. M

Remote Keyless Entry menu in Instrument Panel Cluster?

WHat changes did you make to get it to work? I tried on my 2017 PIU and no menu has come up
  12. M

2017 PIU LED Light

Yep. You got er Mine has them. But no worky and would like to figure out the cause
  13. M

2017 PIU LED Light

On the 17's and 16s i guess with the nice little "L" shape LED light in the front. How do you get them working? Have a 17 PIU and they no worky. DRL enabled/disabled makes no difference, Do not work in any light position mode or in park/drive. Would like these quite a bit to work when in...
  14. M

13 PI Utility CAI

I did end up getting it. Was easy to pop in.. And made the vehicle sound alot more.. beefy when you get on the gas. All in all im happy with it
  15. M

Replacement Speaker

I know the door panel has to be removed. I'm saying to save me from taking it off to get a speaker model and all that. Curious if anyone has taken theirs off and have a suitable replacement brand and size. And also if they are the same size as the civilian model explorers or if for whatever...
  16. M

Replacement Speaker

Looking to upgrade the stock speakers in my 2013 PIU. Rather then removing the door and all that jazz.. What is a good speaker to replace the stock with as an upgrade? There is 1 in each door plus 2 tweeters in the front doors
  17. M

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Negative. Do have photos of the day i got it, Then kind of how it came along. Next project it painting it olive drab. No shine at all like the canadian forces chevy trucks. All OD except the bottom of hte bumpers/doors, trim over the wheels, mirrors and spotlight (So all the plastic will stay...
  18. M

Updated photo Now has K&N Cold Air Intake 2.5" straight pipe magnaflow XL turbo mufflers Tinted the head/tail lights LED interior and marker/rear turn signals. Amber/White switch back signal lights GoRhino pushbar with winch and flood light. Added the digital speedometer to the dash (Had to get...
  19. M

Forscan code to enable Sirius radio

Ah! Well! Iv now been educated on that. Ill go with i dooooo not has :D
  20. M

Mine has the sync and such in it, does have a sirius button on it too. Or does that mean nothing?
  21. M

It is indeed a CD unit. Im quite sure it has the other things too last i had it out of the dash. I can double check in the afternoon
  22. M

I just went and gave this a shot in my 2013 PIU. No luck.. When i push the sirius button says its not enabled and see dealer. Made the changes to the ACM with no change
  23. M

13 PIU Parking Lamps

Ello ello! In my crown vic days i did a mod to make the side marker/parking lamp alternate/flash with the signal lights. I see on the 2013 utility the side marker lights just stay on doing not a whole lot (Like the crown vic did) Curious how i would go about making these flash or alternate with...
  24. M

Carbon Monoxide Leak?

Took mine to the local ford. They said ford is "aware" of the issue and looking at a fix. They suggested i bring it in, pay the 1000$'s of bucks to get it fixed myself and IF ford makes a recall ill get my money back.. I said uh.. no lol thats the dumbest suggestion ever
  25. M

Mine is a little sluggish also.. Mainly due to the catalytic converter engine light on that has a nice exhaust smell quite often.. Getting fixed this week so hope that goes away. Even when cruse control is on it does this. Maybe its a common issue in the 2013's?
Back