Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Fuel gauge /sending unit '94

Just an update: All wiring checked out OK, so I dropped the tank, replaced sending unit and pump. Nothing obvious wrong with old sending unit, but everything now works as it should.
  2. C

A/C not working? help!

There is a pressure switch in the system, I believe it is located near the accumulator/blower box area. It only allows the compressor to turn on if there is adequate pressure in the system, since the oil in the refrigerant is what lubricates the compressor. If the system was working previously...
  3. C

losing power on hills

as previously stated, check fuel pressure
  4. C

We have the 10% ethanol here, and from what I've seen on these boards, I figure I'll just bite the bullet and drop the tank, and replace both the fuel pump and sending unit. I just did a pressure test (OK), since the wife ran the rig out of fuel recently. I'm just waiting for the roads to dry up...
  5. C

Thanks much, Roadrunner. This is exactly what I wanted
  6. C

Thanks for these suggestions. I think my first stab will be to check the connector above the tank, as I may be able to access it from the wheel well if I remove the wheel. Opening that connector should allow me to check resistance of the sender, and to short/open the gauge wires to check gauge...
  7. C

My fuel gauge occasionally would read empty. When operating, it read accurately. Now it always reads empty, which I believe indicates an open circuit, making me think I have a bad ground. I know it could also be a connection above the tank. Before I start crawling around under the (muddy) rig, I...
  8. C

Squeaking when accelerating vibration when slowing down

OK you're probably going to have to separate the squeaking from the vibration. Vibration can be bent wheel, loose wheel (make sure your lug nuts are tight, since you say you did rear brakes), out of round tire, out of balance tire, flat spot on tire, bad tire, loose front wheel bearings, loose...
  9. C

Set your parking brake, trans in neutral. Crawl underneath, grab each end of the driveshaft, and try to move it, rotationally and up and down / sideways. Should be NO movement.
  10. C

Check your U-joints. Dry ones can squeak, and loose ones can cause the type vibration you mention.
Back