Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

This lack of Waze is driving me batty!

I use waze through android auto all the time. It has always worked. Now if you're talking about Sync AppLink version of waze, that doesn't even show up for me. No apps from my phone do. But i'd much rather use AA anyway.
  2. B

Sound after sitting a while

Does your fuel pump priming sound like a metal gear engaging? Kind of a high pitched "ka-thunk"?
  3. B

No GPS icon displayed

I get this same thing on my 2019 Edge ST. About once a week, my phone will disconnect/reconnect bluetooth every minute, and the screen will show the No GPS icon. But it still shows my car in the right position on the nav. Soft reset will fix it about 50% of the time. Other times just leaving the...
  4. B

Sound after sitting a while

I don't have a 2020 Explorer, But I do have a 2019 Edge ST. If I open my door after its been setting for a while you can hear a mechanical clicking noise. Sounds like a gear engaging or something. I believe it is part of the AWD system and how it can disconnect the drive drain when needed. I...
  5. B

Headlight pattern

That is the same pattern our 15 Explorer sport has when the High beams are on.
  6. B

Power folding side mirror not stopping at normal position

Sounds like maybe the motor is programmed to just stop when it hits resistance, and someone broke the piece to stop it so it just keeps going.
  7. B

Power folding side mirror not stopping at normal position

Have you tried pushing it manually to the right position? The car maybe just didn't realize it was moved?
  8. B

Clunky acceleration?

we have had our dealership look at our 15 Sport twice for a similar issue. Except ours usually manifests itself in the morning on a cold start, not at slow speeds, but when accelerating hard. Our neighborhood is right off the highway so we drive through the neighborhood fine, but when we pull...
  9. B

2015 Explorer Sport - Intermittant no-start with push button start

My fusion did something similar. But once it did it, it never would start again. Dealership had to replace the backup camera. The connection between the camera and the transmission had gone bad, and the camera was causing the car to think it was in reverse, and wouldn't let it start. No errors...
  10. B

Ford Enables CarPlay, Android Auto on 2016 Models

That is just the sync3 2.2 update that has been floating around the internet for a few months now. This will only work in a 2016 vehicle that has sync3 already.
  11. B

MFT Update V3.10

Mine did this right after the update but after about 5 minutes it worked fine.
  12. B

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Someone posted this on the fusion board. They have 10 sync 3 APIM's without nav for $299 http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-FACTORY-FORD-16-17-SYNC-3-APIM-MODULE-ONLY-/292110455817?hash=item440323d409:g:r1MAAOSwx6pYpc3t&vxp=mtr
  13. B

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

I've seen it for I think $1500 if you get non-nav. You can also source the parts yourself and it is considerably less expensive. I plan on doing it in at least one of my vehicles, maybe both. I tried sync 3 on a loaner and its night and day difference. google maps on the dash screen is worth it.
  14. B

MFT Update V3.10

Updated download link to include an updated VHR app.
  15. B

V3.10 and Active Park Assist

My fusion with active park assist and the active grid lines, and my explorer without both have the same buttons. - Enhanced parking features - Camera Delay I don't recall my fusion having any other options to turn off the grid lines. But I never really checked because I like that feature. I...
  16. B

MFT Update V3.10

Please refer to my earlier post
  17. B

Vehicle Health Report

Vehicle health report is not a feature of Sync 3. That was in sync 2
  18. B

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

We just purchased our 2015 Sport and it already had the weathertech lines all the way around the vehicle. Its my first time having weather techs and they are pretty awesome. I haven't tried folding out the 3rd row to see what can be done with the back mat, but I'll try it tonight.
  19. B

2018 Explorer

My collision warning goes off all the time. I hardly ever push the brakes when it does. If it was braking for me every time it went off I'd probably be disabling the system all together.
  20. B

CAUTION

Does it happen to do it at around the same location when your driving? or just randomly?
  21. B

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

works for me. Pushing once will restart the song, twice will go back to the previous track.
  22. B

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I have not seen those buttons either. But pushing the next track on the steering wheel, or on the dash has always worked to go to the next song over bluetooth.
  23. B

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

I've already been planning on doing this at somepoint on my fusion. Doing this conversion is a lot cheaper than buying yet another Fusion just to gain that one lats missing feature I want. If you can find the parts on your own you can do it all for under $1k, but you gotta do the work to source...
  24. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Yes, its through Ford. It is the same ESP, but you can choose longer options when the vehicle is CPO. http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/warranty_plans/?plan_id=2057
  25. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Thats not correct. When I get a quote for my 2015 explorer, I can choose up to 11 year 140,000 mile Premium care warranty. This is because my vehicle is CPO vehicle which can have longer coverage.
Back