Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Transmission Slipping - Updated 8/23/22 Back in the shop!

Does the car creep (like it moves from a stop without touching the gas)? When my transmission blew up I would have to give it gas to move at all in reverse (like you) and it also would not creep. Then a few miles later the entire car shook like a 9.0 earthquake and that was the end of my trans...
  2. M

Should I buy an Explorer Sport?

The top speed from what I've seen is 122 MPH for the 2013 Sport. I don't think it has changed throughout the model years. EDIT: Car and Driver says it's 123MPH for the 2016 Sport. It's limited though. I've seen tuned ones hit much higher. 2016 Ford Explorer Sport Test – Review – Car and Driver
  3. M

How hard is it to find a used PIU Ecoboost?

New Jersey State Police uses ecoboosts, but they have '16s and '17s. Some will probably start going up in the coming years.
  4. M

Not sure I made the right decision- 2014 Limited

My 2014 Sport is nothing like that. I run Pirrelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons and they haven't caused me any issues. I have next to no torque steer and my steering is nothing like you are explaining.
  5. M

Front Sensors Not Working

Are you sure it has front sensors? The XLT doesn't come standard with them and I'd think that it doesn't have many options equipped if it doesn't have Homelink in it.
  6. M

3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting?

On a tank of 93 Octane this week I'm getting, according to the car, 15.7 MPG on my Sport. I do have a heavy foot though..
  7. M

Trying to Find a Part Number for Trunk Storage Compartment Panel

Looking at the parts site, it seems that the door is: BB5Z-7846140-AA However, the actual compartment seems to be a part of the entire side trim piece itself.
  8. M

Fair 5th Generation Explorer Maintenance Question

Nope. I'm just shy of 49,000 miles, so close enough. According to the maintenance records it had regular maintenance. Only two major issues seemed to be that the previous owner had the shiftier lever replaced and I had to get my transmission rebuilt/replaced a couple weeks into having it.
  9. M

Window Weather Stripping Scuffed

The rubber moldings on my 2014 Sport are the same way, though it has nearly 50k miles. Not entirely sure how that happens. Though I think the previous owner may have brought it to the car wash a lot. I brought mine through a car wash the other day for the first time (I usually hand wash it) and...
  10. M

2013 explorer dash cam install

Another suggestion for the fuse: On my explorer I have my dashcam hooked up to the Heated Steering Wheel fuse. I don't have that option in my car, but it still gets power only when the car is on. Probably safer than tapping RCM fuse. Though, I'm not sure if all explorers have that fuse even if...
Back