Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

07 Explorer: What controls the door locks

Right... BCM was a different vehicle. Explorer doesn't have one. I did hard resets of the GEM and Instrument cluster .......but it seems my initial diagnosis may have been correct and Autozone just screwed me. After I disconnected the laptop from the truck Saturday the locks went a little crazy...
  2. C

It's a beginning. Thank you. So this "smart junction box" spits out "B" codes. Does that mean the Smart junction box and body control module are the same thing? I can access the BCM with forscan, but I can't find the SJB.
  3. C

I recently acquired an 07 explorer for my daughters high school career. Despite the 179,000 miles it's in excellent condition. Concerning the door locks. In my experience Ford key fobs are click once to unlock the drivers door and twice for the rest. This vehicle unlocks all doors with a...
  4. C

3rd gen questions - New member

You can retrain the TPMS sensors in your driveway easily if you have a decent sized magnet. I use an old speaker magnet that I drilled a hole in large enough to fit over the valve stem. The procedure is: Turn the key from the off to on position three times rapidly, ending in the on position...
  5. C

2002 Ford Explorer ABS light on please help!

Of that I have no doubt.
  6. C

2002 Ford Explorer ABS light on please help!

Generally you won't need a code reader for an ABS light. The speed sensors attached to the front wheel bearings are only there for the ABS. So if you have an ABS light with no other lights or symptoms its very likely one of the front sensors has failed. In addition to ABS the rear sensor also...
  7. C

Diagnosing A/C Problems

IMO. Anytime the system is opened the orifice filter should be replaced. Assuming the system is fully charged then I think you're on the right track. However, aftermarket compressors are notorious leakers, so I'd make absolutely sure the system is fully charged before doing anything else...
  8. C

Need help identifying a part. Big round tube under bellhousing.

Sorry, Didn't mean to suggest that I was recommending that website. I just posted it because it showed the correct picture for that part number, and you had two threads running on the same topic with the same number posted in both. From that I inferred that you either didn't understand, or...
  9. C

Front shaft CV

Thanks for the reply. Great post! I always put the yokes back the same as they came off if I'm reusing the joints. I've found that with new joints it rarely matters. I'm an old Air Force jet mech.... so checking shaft runout is as normal as breathing for me. lol. That being said, it's so...
  10. C

Front shaft CV

Thanks for the link. Easy enough. Next question: Transfer case output shaft seal. I can only find one part number. Do the front and rear outputs use the same seal?
  11. C

Need help identifying a part. Big round tube under bellhousing.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-cross-member-asy_3l2z-5b112-aa.html?Make=Ford&Model=Explorer&Year=2003&Submodel=&Filter=()
  12. C

Transmission replacement on 2004 5R55S

There is a plastic lock on the side of the shifter cable. Slide a flat tip screwdriver into it to release. IIRC the bolt holding the solenoid pack connector on is built into the connector. In other words, the connector should lift up as the bolt is unthreaded. It should slide out easily once the...
  13. C

Front shaft CV

Anybody rebuild that bugger? Talking about the rear joint on the front shaft on an 05. Parts guy only wants to sell me a rebuilt driveshaft. I see a dorman rebuild prop joint on rock auto for less than 1/4 the cost. It can't be that hard. Chasing a high speed vibration. Changed the other 3...
  14. C

Hello!

First post. Nice site. I own 97, 00, and 05 Explorers. Don't need help often, but when I do my search result generally bring up this site. Thought I'd pop in and say "hi".
Back