Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Anybody think they can handle this difficult solve? Need some 2nd opinions with a crank over but no fire up

I have an Eaton M90 01 XPLR sport 2 dr 4.0 v6 sohc with a crank no fire problem. It turns over but does not fire, inertia switch is fine, pats system is fine and its def reading the keys transponder. The truck was running fine, I came home, parked it, came back to the truck a cpl hrs l8r to...
  2. D

Anybody know where to get an Overdrive crank pulley for the 4.0 SOHC?

I'm looking for an overdrive crank pulley for my 01 BoostedXPLR Sport with a 4.0 sohc to spin my Eaton M90 jus a lil faster. Plus I'm always reading about how the crank pulleys on the 4.0s (mostly 05 to 10 v6 mustangs lol) are always falling apart. Thought I spotted one on the web a while ago...
  3. D

4.0 sohc NON TTY cyl head bolt torque specs?

Im ditchin the factory cyl head stretch bolts for some grade 12 reusables for my supercharged 4.0 sohc and i was wondering if anybody had torque and tightening procedures for non tty grade 12 bolts? ARP head studs were too expensive but if i build a proper motor ill sure get em. I just figure...
  4. D

Quick question relating to 4.0 sohc timing drive, specifically about the tensioners. Need somebody that has decent experience with 4.0 sohc timing dri

I jus got done replacing blown head gaskets nd replacing a busted chain guide on the rear for the passenger side cylinder head. I got everything tightened bak up and have no problem turning the motor over by hand however as i do so the chain guides that lay directly on the tensioners push the...
  5. D

Wayy to much oil comin thru pcv. 06 stang 4.0 jus swapped into my 01 BoostedXPLR Sport

Ok so I just threw a new motor in my truck out of an 06 mustang v6 because my original motor finally went at 320k. Had a little crack in cylinder 4. Now with this new motor I drove it in the mustang it drove very strong motor ran real good and now I have it swapped into my explorer along with my...
  6. D

Need help finding rocker panels for my 01 sport

As im sure most of u know the rocker panels on most explorers b4 05 06 rust out bad. I have an 01 explorer sport 2 dr and im looking for official rocker panel replacements. Im not lookin for knock off slipons. I can find rocker panels for just about every kind of explorer except for the 01 to 03...
  7. D

Could use help with my cruise control I tried everything.

OK I have a cruise control issue. Its not working at all. I did the cruise control self test by holding the off button while going from IGN on to off to on then it flashed once so I pressed the On button then Resume, then coast, then set/accel and the light blinked after each button press so I...
  8. D

Wanted 01 Sport Replacement inner and outer Rocker Panels

It seems to me that replacement rocker panels for the 01-03 sport are extremely hard to come by or at least I'm having a hard time finding them and you would think that they would be much more readily available since everybodys rockers rust the hell out. Mine are pretty bad. And I'm not looking...
  9. D

Help to find an E-Locker for my IFS Dana 35 please

I've been trying to find an electronic locker for my front Dana 35 IFS diff for quite sometime now. I think I may have come across an air locker but i would much rather have an E-locker. I am aware of the automatic lockers that replace the spider gears like an Aussie locker but I would prefer to...
  10. D

Looking for alternator overdrive pulley

I am currently looking for an overdrive pulley for my 01 explorer sport 4.0 S/C. I already ordered the powermaster 115 which was wrong. I have seen another post by aldive where he installed an overdrive pulley from underdog performance and has the link to where he got it but that link is no...
  11. D

Just bought a powermax 250 amp ALT, Need overdrive pulley?

I just bought a new powermax 250 amp alternator off ebay from seller powermaxusa. When my rpms drop below 900 my voltage drops off. I tested the regulator on the alternator and it checked out fine. I figured going with a smaller pulley would fix this issue but why wouldn't this be addressed...
  12. D

Will mustang 4.0 valve covers fit on explorer 4.0 engine

Im thinkin about installing some mustang valve covers on my explorer 4.0 or at least the driver side cover anyway and ill paint them both to match but im just wondering if theyll fit and work. Primarily im curious if the cam position sensor is positioned the same which it appears to be and i...
  13. D

Mustang throttle body on Explorer problem

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport 2 door 4.0 and I just bought myself a VMS Mustang GT throttle body and it doesn't bolt right up. this Mustang GT throttle body bolt pattern measures 2.5x3 whereas my stock intake manifold is totally different. from the top left bolt to the top right Bolt is 3.25"...
  14. D

Ford Racing pedals

I was wondering if anybody knows if the Ford Racing brake pedal from 94 to 98 or 99 to 04 will fit the 2000 to 2004 explorer sports. I'm almost 100% sure I can install the gas pedal on but I need to know if the brake pedals are the same any input would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
  15. D

Introducing the first Explorer Sport QuadPod

Hey guys i need somebody to give me an idea as to what kind of gauge i should put in the 4th slot of the custom pillar quad pod I fabricated. The bottom gauge is analog boost, the middle gauge is a methanol injection controller which also reads boost digitally and the third one up is air fuel...
  16. D

Introducing

17. D

Tryin to post picture of new custom explorer sport gaugepod

I'm trying to post pictures but I can't figure out how to upload pictures into my media or whatever any help would be greatly appreciated
Back