Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Liftgate window shattered

Hi Peter. I did check with my insurance company, but when factoring my deductible and the timing of my repair I just had the dealer go ahead. I can't manage without my vehicle :( I've already accepted the fact that I'm out the money, it's just really annoying that this has happened. I've...
  2. J

I think mine started in about the same place actually... 2017 Limited
  3. J

Just so everyone knows the dealership is charging me $975 plus HST
  4. J

How did you get them to pay for it?? Tail gate glass imploded on my way to work this morning (defroster was NOT turned on). The dealership (Discovery Ford, Burlington) said my vehicle is off warranty so it's not covered...
  5. J

High pitched interior noise. Constant

Be grateful your dealer is at least looking into it... mine still has me marked down as nuts
  6. J

My dealer thinks I’m insane, and lectured me on not reading things online. They also made sure I was aware that American vehicles are different from Canadian ones (like somehow the inverter would be different? I know they use 420 volts down there... ... ... *blank stare*).
  7. J

New vehicle defect dispute

Thank you, I appreciate the constructive comments. I’ll give that number a try and see where I get with this.
  8. J

That scratch, along with other defects, was reviewed with the sales team before I left the dealership; that’s when I was told all issues would be fixed. I spent $60,000 on that truck, you’d better believe I’m worried about the scratch.
  9. J

That scratch, along with other defects, was reviewed with the sales team before I left the dealership; that’s when I was told all issues would be fixed. I spent $60,000 on that truck, you’d better believe I’m worried about the scratch.
  10. J

Is that someone I would find on their website?
  11. J

I’ve had the vehicle for almost two months now, but all of the defects were recorded as I went through the vehicle on the day of delivery. I have both dated photographs as well as the emails containing them that I sent to the dealer, all from the time of delivery. The dealer assured me at the...
  12. J

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I guess I’ll try with Ford first then initiate a claim through the Automotive Arbitration Plan.
  13. J

Totally tried to upload and image and had an epic fail... Here’s a link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0Z532ODWVJdVn
  14. J

If I need to reach out to someone at Ford over a new vehicle defect (the dealer tells me the claim to Ford was rejected), what is the best avenue to proceed? My steering wheel had a scratch on it when I took delivery (I have photographic evidence thankfully), but now my dealer is telling me...
  15. J

As usual, you're the best!
  16. J

I'd also love a part number, my dealership looked at me like I've got six heads
  17. J

I just emailed my dealer, I'll let you all know what happens! Hopefully they can get the part quickly...
  18. J

Yup, coming from near the glove box! Thank goodness for this forum, I was going to lose my mind with that noise...
  19. J

Brought home my Limited on Monday and I can confirm the same incredibly aggravating high pitched electronic noise
  20. J

Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited

It was great! The weather couldn't have been better, and the people in Ottawa are the best. I'll definitely do it again next year, and I'll aim for a better finish time.
  21. J

Cotus says delivered as of yesterday, but my dealer doesn't have it... has anyone else come across this issue?
  22. J

You and me both! If it's pouring guess who will be in the hotel bar all day *this guy*
  23. J

It was built on the 7th (5th listed on the window sticker)... I rather hoped I'd have it by now! I'm running in the Ottawa Half Marathon next weekend... fingers crossed I have it for that at least.
  24. J

Nope. Genuinely still awaiting shipment :(. Dealer says they're not sure why it hasn't been shipped yet:banghead:
Back