Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Grille Shutters Not Covered Under Warranty?

Good advice! Much cheaper than what the dealer quoted for the part. I found a good price for an OEM shutter assembly from Tasca parts, but the aftermarket parts are much cheaper. Not sure about the quality though. I’m going to gag it open for now, and then decide if I should replace it.
  2. C

Thank you Peter! The first post in that thread is exactly how mine was behaving. My wife informed me the the $700 repair estimate was just the parts, and over $1100 including labor. The part is backordered, so can't replace it now anyway. So if I can't get them to replace it under warranty...
  3. C

We had a couple of issues over the weekend with my wife's 2017 Limited. On Saturday morning we ended up with a dead battery. Jump started without a problem. Then in the afternoon we had an intermittent overheating issue. Took it to the dealer today, and he said the battery needs to be...
  4. C

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Thanks, that is what I thought.
  5. C

The wife took the explorer to the dealer today for the hood and some other issues. Good news is that they agreed to fix it under the warranty. But they said they were going to send it to a local repair shop to fix the bubbled area. I had armed my wife with the TSB (19-2026) that recommends...
  6. C

Add me to the list of 2017 Explorers with bubbling paint on the hood. I'll be taking it to the dealership next week. Hopefully I will have a better experience than some of you have posted about.
  7. C

2017 Explorer AC blows cold then warm

Yes! Sorry for not closing the loop sooner, but after 3 weeks at the dealer, it seems to finally be fixed. The problem was a temperature sensor. I'm not sure exactly which sensor it was, but they said it was mounted in the evaporator cover, so the entire cover needed to be replaced. I'm not...
  8. C

Thanks for the suggestion Morgan. In your case, did it just blow warm air (no cold)? In my wife's car it alternates between cold and warm. A couple of weeks ago I put a thermocouple in the vent on my F150 with the AC set on max. Air temp was upper 40's. Did it on my neighbor's F150 and my...
  9. C

It is the 4 cylinder Ecoboost. I can't tell you what all they checked or what the readings were. They didn't say that they replaced anything. They did not want to give us any paperwork, other than a copy of the work order cover sheet that basically showed we had it in for service - they said...
  10. C

The AC in my wife's explorer is acting up. It initially blows cold air, then warm air for a few minutes, then blows cold again, and keeps on going back and forth between cold and warm. The dealer has witnessed the problem and agrees it is an issue, but has so far been unable to determine the...
  11. C

Quiet start mode

Took my 17 Limited to the dealer yesterday for an oil change and had him look at the minimal AC during remote start. He said that is normal. I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck with theirs or are we really stuck with this.
  12. C

Your Best Mileage from a 2.3L Ecoboost?

This is similar to us. We like the vehicle, but we are getting no where near the mpg we expected.
  13. C

Quiet start mode

Thank you Peter! There is a little comfort knowing I am not alone. We'll take it in to our dealer and see what they can do. We are in Florida, so it can get pretty darn hot in the car. Remote start was one of my wife's requirements when we bought the Exp, so I sure hope the local techs know...
  14. C

Quiet start mode

We have the climate control setting on "Auto" on the remote start screen on my wife's 2017 Explorer Limited. When we use the remote start on a hot day, I would expect the AC to be cranking since it's well over 100F in the car. But it is like it is on a low setting and barely on. When we step...
  15. C

Uncomfortable front seats

Let's see...you list "raise" twice. And you have "up" and "raise", and "down" and "lower". So I think you only have 7 :D. Full disclosure, I have not read the manual either. So maybe those really are 10 :confused2:.
  16. C

Almost Ready to Buy a 2017 Limited

Wow, that sucks. Defect? Or did something else cause that?
  17. C

I've never been in an Audi, much less driven one, but I do love their looks. If money was no object, I may have ended up with one of them. But reality exists, so I had to look for something that looks good, feels like quality, and is affordable. Que the Explorer. Everyone I know that has one...
  18. C

Success today! She picked Magnetic Metallic. Dealer found one with the options we wanted, plus the polished wheels which weren't on our list but do look nice. It is not too far away, so should be here tomorrow. But the wife leaves in the morning for a graduation in Alabama. So we will...
  19. C

Thanks! Spent another hour and a half at the dealer tonight, and still no decision from the Mrs. After driving a couple of Explorers over the last few weeks, she just realized that the interior has a black headliner and dash, even with the camel interior that she wants. She's not thrilled...
  20. C

Great looking Explorer! Looks great with the black wheels, too. The fact that it looks different in different lighting conditions really appeals to me. We are heading back to the dealer tonight for another look. They are supposed to wash the Smoked Quartz one this afternoon, so my wife...
  21. C

Smoked Quartz is my pick, but I told my wife it is her decision. I think she likes the MM better, but we'll see. We looked at them side by side last night, but there was so much pollen on both cars that you couldn't really get a good idea how they really look.
  22. C

The GEICO MBI is like $36/6 months, give or take. The deductible is higher than the ESP (250 per incident), but it should be cheaper unless I need a lot of repairs. I had it on my F150, and had to make a few claims. I was happy with it.
  23. C

I would love to get her a Platinum, but that is not in the cards right now. I was on the fence with the moonroof, as I had a few problems with the one on my F150. But she likes sunroofs and uses hers a lot, so I'll take a chance. Plus I will get the mechanical breakdown insurance through...
  24. C

We went to the dealer tonight and test drove 2 Explorers. They weren't vehicles we are interested in buying, but one was a Limited with a 3.5 and the other was an XLT with a 2.3EB. We took the advice from this forum and decided to see for ourselves which felt better for us. To be honest, I...
  25. C

Uncomfortable front seats

We are looking at a 2017 Explorer Limited, and just took a test drive on Saturday. We also drove a new 2016 Edge Titanium that they were really pushing to get rid of. The Edge definitely had more comfortable seats, as I could really feel the lumbar support pushing into my back in the Explorer...
Back