Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

4406 Eshift swap

I think I reused the Sport Trac connector to the Tcase and taped off the brown wire for the auto 4wd if it has, has worked fine for over a year. The year of the truck is helpful as 04,05 went to an independent 4wd system outside of the GEM for elec shift
  2. A

05 Sport Trac digital dash to analog 5.0 swap starting out

I did see the Dakota unit a couple years ago but figured I would still end up with the dash codes after and not sure if the odometer would start working. I have not considered modifying the cluster, is this an option? Would be a game changer!
  3. A

05 Sport Trac digital dash to analog 5.0 swap starting out

After running the 5.0 in my truck for a year now with no issues popping up I figure its time for a working speedometer and associated trouble codes with the dash to be finished. I swapped in a 99 5.0 from an Explorer with the PATS to match. On paper with both wire manuals I have matched the...
  4. A

Not another V8 swap thread (N2Ford)

I was told it had to do with vibration dampening. I tried to fit my exhaust in without realizing it was right in the way and dropped the diff to get at all of the bolts. My 4406 had the brown clutch wire as well, I taped it up in the harness. That neutral signal @410Fortune was talking about...
  5. A

2004 Sport Trac 302 V8 Swap Prep

One of the things I certainly didn't catch before was the Fuel Pump Driver, that's a huge leg up! CotoMI what is the reasons for changing the GEM? does it have to do with the digital portion of the cluster?
  6. A

2004 Sport Trac 302 V8 Swap Prep

I'm doing a 99 to 05 sport trac right now, its taking time but I’m guessing i should start a thread. I haven't got to the real deep trouble parts yet. When i started following this thread it looked promising. A lot of prep and documentation.
  7. A

Suspension Lift Kit for 2005 Sport Trac

I used a 3” body lift and am happy with the clearance. There is no frame hanging out that looks out of place and have 32” tires under with no rubbing and decent clearance. As an added bonus it’s giving me clearance for my 302 swap. Overall the BL looks very clean.
  8. A

flares

Old thread but looking for a set of flares like everyone else but as an alternative looking for someone near by that has a set that I could 3D scan or mould from. Chances are the sets are so rare that a used set is easy to miss but maybe can be reproduced.
  9. A

starting 5.0 swap-- 99 5.0 to 01 4.0 ST

I'm not sure if you can. The line colour is DK BLU/LT GRN. on a 99 Explorer and maybe the early model ST it comes from Pin 8 on the PATS module to Pin 6 on the Instrument cluster. On a late model 2001 and 2005 ST it comes from Pin 30 on the PCM to Pin 6 on the Instrument cluster. I am going to...
  10. A

I just checked the ST it has Pin 1-empty Pin 13-black/white Pin 14-black 17 wires total The 99 5.0 Explorer Has the pins as noted 19wires total if I counted right. Looks like pin the G force module into the ABS but I’m not sure yet what the pin 13/14 are on the ST that would be eliminated.
  11. A

It seems to get wired into the ABS Module. Module: ORG/WHT- PIN 1 YEL- PIN 13 ORG/BLK- PIN 14 Printer command acting funny I cant seem to print anything
  12. A

Convert Basic stereo to Mach audio

I am looking at a couple changes to my 05 ST Adrenaline. I wired my pioneer nav head unit in with no wire diagram available, all diagrams available were for Mach and premium where as Adrenaline has different sub pin outs and all speakers run through the amp. Now I’m doing a 5.0 swap from a 99...
  13. A

Wow that was a lot of helpful information quick! I think trying to add the TOC has too much potential for unsuccessful time spent. I probably should just do a manual shift but I would like to entertain the option. In the 5.0 99 AWD the plug that would go to the 4wd switch is clipped into the...
  14. A

I am looking for the same information. I would like to keep my dash switch for the TC but I would also like to swap the heated mirrors over that would require the defrost button in the bezel. Some mornings are frosty in Winnipeg and snow can get sticky, heated mirrors are nice!
  15. A

When you get into the conversion,I found this post had tons of detail. So you want to convert to a 5.0? 5L swap for dummies I am starting my 05 Sport Trac Adrenaline conversion with a 99 5.0 limited drive train.
Back