Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

What Oil do you guys use for your 4.6 v3 ?

Should calrify i live in Pennsylvania and run 0w-20 innthe winter. And 5w-20 in the summer. Exhaust manifold and i think sparkplug 5 or 8 are prone to get water dropping on them from the hood and wiper cowl design and the manifolds studs will rust and snap off and make a ticking sounds this is...
  2. T

'08 Front Pinion Seal and U joint - Replace

my front diffs pinion seal was spewing gear oil. so i replaced it and the front Ujoint (which turned out to be binded up) i couldn't find a write up so here a quick one. Front diff is basically a Dana 30 Front U joint : 1310 (NOT the 1310BC) Front Pinion Nut ( 1-1/8 Inch) Torx bolt on the...
  3. T

4wd Rear driveshaft carrier bearing

fort wayne in mine. no issues. they skimped on shipping material but luckily didnt have any issues
  4. T

What Oil do you guys use for your 4.6 v3 ?

0W-20 - 170,000miles and engine looks likes new honestly use the 5w-20 and oil change ever 5K miles, transmission fluid change NOT flush every 70K and keep an eye on the exhaust manifold studs and explorers / ST with 4.6 3v are very reliable
  5. T

front drive shaft u joint size? 1330?

seals are usually a symptom not the cause. so my u joint is likely causing vibration that damaged the seal
  6. T

1310 u joint! thank you for verifying.yea i striped the one ****ing torx bolt and the straps make it impossible to fit a socket it on it. im hoping i can use a box end wrench and back it out enough to then fit a socket on it. or just hammer in a T35 torx.... worst case cut the strap off then...
  7. T

yea i understand the size difference and BC - i just cannot find which size is my size accurately 2008 ford sport trac v8 4x4 looks to be an outside lock style u joint. and i measure 3.219 with a tape measure. i dont know how i can tell the BC...
  8. T

ford parts has it as a 1330 size but rock auto says its 1310 size? can someone tell me the right part for the front u joint? and what size straps i need. doing the front pinion seal but one of the Torx 30 bolts stripped so i am prepping for the worst case of needing cut the head off the bolt...
  9. T

surgin till warmed up

V8 no misfires. plugs were 50k ago and COPs were 30k ago too. deff have chain slap
  10. T

surgin till warmed up

'08 ST XLT if i try and drive the truck before it warms up - 1 min or so then it will surge and jump like it is in first gear and someone is bounding the pedal 165k
  11. T

2010 Ford Explorer 4.6L 3v V8 Performance Headers

the ford mustang ones fit i think but need some modification on one side. cant remember which someone used long tube headers
  12. T

longer swaybar links for lift in front.

just built and installed these. super easy. super fast. less than 30minutes on the ground. old bushings were gone completely. thanks mate
  13. T

6inch lift

it was the bumper cover. someone t boned me and insurance shafted me. i drilled the crack to prevent splitting and replaced inner fender liner. found replacement front bumper covers online onnline for $160 but none off a wrecked black X or Sport trac. i dont feel like dropping $160 on a...
  14. T

Goat. tried look but not on the 2nd gen forum.
  15. T

with the BTF and truxx lift my sway bar bushings are getting anhilated. trying to put in new pushings is nearly impossible even with the LCA being pressed up with a jack. i need longer bolts. or something. anyone have any luck or ideas. would grade 8 bolts work i can order them online for a few...
  16. T

longer front sway bar links

looking for some longer sway bar links that fit the 4th gen explorer and ST WITH the BTF upper and Strut lifft are installed. mine are getting chewed through with the extra stress. i need about 1 inch longer bolts, i can reuse the sleeve on my current moog setup. i guess grade 8 bolts would...
  17. T

6inch lift

is your front bumper different than the sport trac front bumper? i cracked mine and yours looks dope.
  18. T

AC compressor replace

looking for the replacement instructions 90% sure the clutch has gone bad. getting a bearing wear sound on the high end before a down shift, from the front-right of the engine bay. already replaced all my idlers, tensioner and belt.
  19. T

power steering diagram

anyone got the powersteering diagram - pump included? cant find a replacement video on any ford f150 or explorer betwwen 2005-2010 or a good video or diagram of the high pressure line.
  20. T

Upgrade to leather power heated seats

driver side will fit, dont know about passenger side as that is manual in the XLT i think. drive side should plug in to the harness as they are all the same to keep manufacture costs down. but you are missing the buttons in your middle dash area that would control heated seats. the wiring is...
  21. T

07 ST mods with Mountaineer Parts

do you have the cluster bezzle? il buy it off you. mines destroyed n peeling.
  22. T

6R60 Torque Converter Lockup/1-2 Shift Quality Issues

heavy rain here in PA 2 weeks ago. my truck was running fine. then i tried to drive it after sitting in the rain for about 60minutes. and it wouldnt idle right had to hold rpms at 2k till it warmed up then it idled fine... started driving it and started to feel like a mis-shift again. but low...
  23. T

jerking motion/ 2008 sport trac

trans flush on on 6r60 5r55 and 6r80 arent recommended because of an coolant bipass valve the flush will not get half of the fluid out. the trans has to be at 180F or higher to open the valve i believe. glad ur fixed
  24. T

jerking motion/ 2008 sport trac

sorry for the late response but here is the verification for this. its happening to me right now again for 3rd time. after a super heavy rain 2 weeks ago started to get misfires.
  25. T

New 2008 Limited project truck

wonder if left vs right has to do with where the adjustable damper toggle ends up.
Back