Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

06 Explorer w/ 5R55 Trans Cooler Upgrade

Summer in Arizona is about here with temps already almost 110°. I've got a 5R55 in my 06 4.0 Explorer and I'm going to install a stand alone trans cooler with a small electric fan. From what I've found online, we have a cooler integrated into the radiator. I've done this on a previous car with...
  2. J

Random 4x4 engaged? WTH?

Driving just a bit ago and made a right hand turn (and driving like a normal person) I noticed my 4x4 turned on feeling like 4x4 High while on the pavement. I immediately hit the "4x4 Auto" button and it turned back off. Any idea why this happened? Kinda freaked me out. 06 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0...
  3. J

Tuning Options

A few things to touch on here. Now, I know there are a handful of programmers out there for 4th Gens but has anyone tuned using HPTuners? I spoke yesterday with a local tuner that confirmed 4th Gens are on the program's supported vehicle list and that he'd be glad to tune my 4.0 for gas mileage...
  4. J

New AZ Explorer Owner

Hey, I'm Jim from Phoenix, AZ. Just picked up an 06 Explorer XLT 4x4 yesterday. Already dropped a Kenwood head unit and bigger Falken all terrains on it today. Tomorrow comes the alarm and remote start before any other mods. I've never owned an Explorer as I picked it up because of it's...
Back