Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Yep. 3'400kms and she wiffs the cab up under WOT (17 Sport) I wouldn't say it's a smoke smell. It reminds me when I was a kid and my mother would get a perm done. That smell. Now I just switch the HVAC off during a WOT run. Give it a min and pop it back on. Will be visiting the local dealer...
  2. R

What does everyone want to see in the redesign of the Explorer?

Yeah something like that. For instance, if cruising at 100kms and the speed reduces to 80kms, ide like just hit a button and set the cruise to 80 instead of hitting the - 10 times. I find the tranny strategy to be pretty good on the 17 Sport. It will shift up and reduce speed pretty good.
  3. R

What does everyone want to see in the redesign of the Explorer?

Programable cruise control. Basically Ide like to see three presets so I can drop speed and increase speed at the touch of a button.
  4. R

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

17 Sport with a real roof. Pic I snapped at the dealer yesterday.
  5. R

New guy drunk on 'Twin Turbos'

Comes with a real roof. The original silver we tried to get could not be secured. So went with this white one instead, boy are we happy with the white.
  6. R

2017 Sport second row question (s)

Probably gonna grab a pair of these. http://accessories.ford.ca/kit-rear-seat-cover-11378.html I imagine they will allow the buckets to flip and fold.
  7. R

Thanks fellas We will be picking up our 17 sport later today.
  8. R

Thanks allot Peter. From what I've seen in the vid, looks like the inflation canister is in the female end, So we would need a corresponding bench. Don't think I would mess around with it. That's more than likely my 5yr old's saddle.
  9. R

My new 17 Explorer

Nice. I pic my 17 up today. Your pictures ain't showing.
  10. R

Some awesome info thank you very much. 1) That's a shame the carpet is cut. Maybe I will invest in that mat if I ever pull the console. 2) No I have not aquired second row heated seats. I would be really interested in some covers for the buckets, if anyone has any info / links? 3) Blowey up...
  11. R

Av searched a little with no luck (Pretty decent search feature on here) I have aquired a 17 sport with 2nd row buckets & console. 1) If I pull the console, do I need any trim pieces to go in the gap? 2) Anybody have or know of quality seat covers for the buckets? My two kids are nicknamed...
  12. R

New guy from BC Canada (Not a Canadian but close enough) Just hosed my account out on a 17 Sport in silver. Found the site while searching for 22" rims as I don't like the OEM sport offering. Look forward to posting here. I also run a blown 08 F150.
Back