Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Chancellorsville

rebuild of used transmission assembly

I had to remove the front tires, and use two floor jacks. One with a transmission jack adaptor, the other with about 12" worth of random blocks of wood to lift the front end high enough to get the trans out from underneath. Only other thing is to try and keep the trans tilted towards the rear...
  2. Chancellorsville

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Finally got around to installing my lift and getting the new m/t's mounted. If they look skinny, it's because they are lol (235/85r16) Next on the list: Rooftop hella 500's, lightbar on the bumper, and "fixing" my driver seat adjustment.
  3. Chancellorsville

Servo O-Ring Mod A Permanent Fix For 5R55?

If I can suggest anything for that, I would say don't cut corners. I did mine without removing the y-pipe, it was such a pain to get the snap rings out. Also use lots of degreaser, probably a good bit of grime up there. Other than that, watch all the videos and it'll go easy.
  4. Chancellorsville

Servo O-Ring Mod A Permanent Fix For 5R55?

If you've done engine work in the past, you can do tranny work. I never touched a transmission in my life until I bought my mountaineer. And then the servos had issues, leading to a broken band, and the adjuster laying in the pan. $800, and about 10 hours of actual labor (cleaning and removal...
Back