Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Towing on all 4 wheels

I was wondering if I can tow my 1996 Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 automatic 4 wheel drive with a hitch in the front behind a truck with all 4 wheels on the ground? Do I have to disconnect the driveline?
  2. C

System lean

I have a 1996 ford explorer 4.0 4wheel drive and it says system lean bank 1 and bank 2 and it started saying this after i replaced the bad 02 sensor so im just wondering if any one has any ideas of what could cause this cause i dont think i would have injectors going bad on both banks at exactly...
  3. C

Car suddenly dies

this just happened the other day and has been doing it since I have been driving my 96 Ford Explorer xlt 4x4 after driving it around my oil pressure gauge will drop and come back up to where it’s supposed to be but when I keep driving it it will do the same thing then the car dies just like...
  4. C

1996 radio static

ok so I have an original head unit in my Explorer and I was wondering if some one could tell me where the radio is grounded because it picks up a lot of static from the fan when I turn the ac or heater on it usually has some static but u can hear background noise as soon as you turn on the...
  5. C

Noise from rear end

The only thing it says under axle is D4 And I got the car last November so I don’t know when the fluid or if The fluid has ever been changed
  6. C

Noise from rear end

So I have a 1996 Ford Explorer 4.0 4 wheel drive it’s got 168500 miles on it I noticed this start at least 2 months ago when I go around a corner or turning through a intersection say from a turning lane going left or going right or through a drive through it does it when I back out of my drive...
  7. C

Oxygen sensor

Have you ever changed one cause i was wondering if i need the specific socket? to remove it and put a new one in.
  8. C

Oxygen sensor

Could anyone tell me where bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor is on a1996 Ford Explorer v6 xlt 4door 4x4 thanks in advance the code is P0153 autozone read it and said that the sensor had a slow circuit response so if anyone could point me in the direction of where that sensor is located on the...
Back