Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Alternator not failing but...

Hi everyone! The situation is simple. Replaced the battery back in August 2018 that i bought on September 2018. Last Wednesday, the car wouldn't start and i went to get a replacement for the battery, thought i was defective. After a couple days (my baby was born and didn't had time to think...
  2. D

Front passenger power pindow switch turns off when pressed

Hello everyone! After my power window motor broke last week and trying to find a solution, i realized that on the passenger side switch, when i press it down, the light turns off, like the power is being cut or something, does that mean something? I'm going to check it multimeter but i don't...
  3. D

Leak on back of the engine

Hello everyone, These days that i had my car parked off due that the front passenger window won't pull up and i won't have it fixed until this weekend, i've noticed a puddle of coolant every day and never gets to dry, and the car has been there for the last whole week and every day i've seen...
  4. D

Rear HVAC working only on 3 and 4 speed

Hello everyone, After started hearing like a clicking sound when i tried to set the rear HVAC on 1st or 2nd speed, i've readed on the forums that the problem might have been the Air Door Actuator, so i replaced and the clicking sound stopped, but also the 1st and 2nd speed. I have to say that...
  5. D

Power window won't pull up

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since i needed your help. Here's the situation; Yesterday on the way home, i've pulled down the front passenger window but when i tried to pull it back up, the window wasn't responding on any of noth switches (driver and passenger). Also my battery died and...
  6. D

Too much oil?

Hello again, everyone Yesterday checking the levels of the fluids saw that the oil level was about an inch above the minim level, so I decided to buy 2 quarts and add them. The car was sitting in a slight downhill (so slight) in front of the house, so I had in mind that maybe the level was not...
  7. D

In-Channel Window Deflector or Outside?

Hi everyone, I want to get some window deflectors for my Ex but I have a question regarding if using the ones that go inside the window channel or better to use the ones you stick on the outside, what is your opinion and experience about?
  8. D

P0456 / Fuel Tank Cap

Hi everyone, Sometimes while driving I'm having the light coming on and this code is showing up, I know that is a very small leak on the evap control system, but i'd like to start for the easy things like is the fuel tank cap. I've tried looking into many websites but can't find the same one...
  9. D

Leak after changing oil filter adapter gasket

Hello everyone, Last weekend changed the oil filter adapter gasket and it looks that it keeps leaking oil from somewhere. What I saw is that I can see like a drip of oil on the filter, that makes me think if I installed correctly the gasket or not. When I put the new gasket where it goes, I...
  10. D

Questions about differential fluid

Hi guys, I'm planning on change the rear differential fluid and i'd like to know which brand is the most reliable to use and how can I make sure I need to use the additive in a simple way. I've been reading lots of posts here on the forum so if you know one that explains all, please put the...
  11. D

Exhaust Rubber Hanger

Guys, This past weekend I noticed that the rubber hanger on my EX was broken and before all falls apart, i'd like to replace it but the issue is that I can't find the same one in any autoparts store so I've decided to look in Amazon to get it as soon as possible. Did anyone of you found the...
  12. D

Rear Upper Ball Joints

Hi everyone, I realized the other day how worn the rear upper ball joints of my Ex are so I decided to changed them now that I have to change the ones from the front too. I tried looking for some tutorial but I only find from the front. Any advise for this? Looks the same process as the front...
  13. D

4.6L V8 Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

Hello to all, i'm going to change the oil filter adapter gasket and i want to ask you about some tip regarding this. I watched a lot of videos, each one looking different, one easy, another one hard. As far as i know, i need to flush the coolant and i'll change the oil and filter now that i...
  14. D

Changing Transmission Fluid (Need Tips)

Hello again to all, I realized that the drain plug nut of the transmission case is leaking a little bit and before it goes too low, i'm planning doing a transmission fluid change and also change the pan gasket and the filter. I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot of posts about how to do...
  15. D

Changing Struts Complete Assembly

Good morning to all, i'm planning on change the complete rear struts assembly on my Ford Explorer 2004 and i just want to ask you if you know where i can find like a map with the amount of pressure that i have to set the torque wrench to have it tight enough and not less or too much. Also, if...
  16. D

Oil filter adapter gasket

Hello to all! This is my first post here asking for your tips to solve some questions. I own a 2004 Ford Explorer 4.6L V8 and I realized that is leaking oil from the oil filter, and doing some research i've saw that probably is the gasket from the adapter that holds it and needs to be replaced...
Back