Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Replacement Speaker

Well there you go, finally an expert pops in and saves the day. :bow:
  2. B

Replacement Speaker

FWIW the speakers on the new fords are 2 ohms, not 4 like most aftermarket applications, so the sound output with and aftermarket will be lower in volume than the stock ones Additionally each door speaker has a specially engineered support and air tight seal to raise it from the door surface and...
  3. B

List of Differing Parts Between 2013 PIU and 2013 Explorer

As I have found lately there are many differences in electronic connections but for the most part...trim and aesthetics are cookie cutter parts. Start checking out Craigs list and Ebay. I found an almost entire interior posted form a wrecked one on Craigslist somewhat locally. It was worth the...
  4. B

2 months later I'm finally back on the road-Pic heavy

Hello all, it has been a while I know. but LOTS has happened. First off I had lot$$$$$ of work done on the suv. Or HAD to have lets say, the dealership had it for 7 weeks! PTU replaced- Ford actually warrantied this under PIU extended and below 100k...whew! Would have bee 2k bucks! front drive...
  5. B

What to put where the center dash speaker would go?

Im sure you will have to take your radio completely out to access the reinforcement bar that acts as a support for that area under the dashboard. It probably has screws welded to the under side of that box that will allow it to bolt in place like the old tray does. Not big enough area for me to...
  6. B

Forscan code to enable Sirius radio

any satellite radio requires a plan to hear anything but the adding it as a non factory equipped feature of my vehicle is what the main focus of the thread is. If you cant stand commercial radio or cant get radio reception like some places here in Nevada, this is the only way to go.
  7. B

Rear Air Control PIU?

Another way to be sure is to look under the car, there are two aluminum lines running from the Engine compartment to that area of the rear, behind the rear tire area.
  8. B

2 styles of brakes for PIU?

Thanks Peter, I'm still researching this...cant seem to get a straight answer from any dealer.
  9. B

Rear Air Control PIU?

So 2 things here I'm confused about. you HAVE the AC rear unit in your vehicle already(vents are installed in the headliner and compressor/blower is behind the very rear drivers side plastic panel ahead of the rear hatch?) Second, you have no dash control of the rear underneath of the CD unit...
  10. B

California Emissions System on PIU

Mine was GSA vehicle and is not Commie-fornia compliant. It came form the Mid West.
  11. B

The parts you referenced are not in stock in the US or available any longer according to 2 different dealers. You can order it but they'll return your money LOL
  12. B

More information update: Ford NO LONGER SELLS the Satellite extension cable to add the one needed to use the stock antenna in the roof. Either remove one from a wrecked car or buy this from overseas to connect into the plug in the passenger kick panel. SOME modification of the plug plastic will...
  13. B

Just bought PIU - surging rpm ?

I am pleased to announce that since Saturday after the fluid change I have had zero surging issues with the transmission. However I will say that it has made it feel more sluggish and not nearly as responsive, so I am looking forward to breaking in the fluid a lil bit but glad I don't need a...
  14. B

2 styles of brakes for PIU?

I need brakes on the car, ones on there have seen 88K miles of abuse. I used my vin to look up parts online at ford dealer and to my dismay it has TWO styles of brakes available for the PIU. SO I went to the dealer to see about which ones I have...they don't know and dont have either front...
  15. B

What to put where the center dash speaker would go?

I bought a used center speaker and use it for my Ham radio speaker, no ugly appendage hanging off or pointed in a weird direction, bounces off the windshield and you can hear it. Decent fidelity since its a 2ohm speaker with tweeter in it too. yes you do have to modify the opening in the dash...
  16. B

post appeared multiple times edit
  17. B

post appeared multiple times edit
  18. B

I used an after market jumper to adapt a stock car kit antenna into the factory unit, you can buy the 30 cable or this 9.95 set off of ebay and run your own. for now Ill run this one untill i need to pace an order with a discounted dealer online. Will plug into either the radio antenna...
  19. B

Now I follow, I programmed IPC settings just loaded default ACM and wham yes everything is functional.... Thank you for the clarification. Working!!
  20. B

See comments below this post, "issue has been resolved" using as built data archived and overwriting the data the CD unit is programmed with.
  21. B

More info on this subject 7/9/2017 Start at the bottom form here and read backwards...issue is resolved
  22. B

Just bought PIU - surging rpm ?

Just stumbled across this and hadn't seen anyone else mention it in all the diagnostics done, but it could be a possibility. There is a TPS actually built into the accelerator petal assembly, its basically a very accurate potentiometer and everyone knows they get dirty and sometimes wear out or...
  23. B

HD radio equipped models?

Does anyone know if HD radio was an option on the lower tier 4" screen entertainment systems? Thanks!
  24. B

Hi Peter Yes you can use the menu button to retrieve the ESN for activation. I didn't have an antenna available at the time I was testing.
Back