Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Wow! that is brutal - sorry i didnt jump in earlier, my 2011 XLT went blank several weeks back (previous thread), I searched the web (most info found on this forum) to try and diagnose the issue. After learning that the APIM is so renound for failure that ford extended the warranty to 5 yrs i...
  2. S

MFT Black / Blank Screen

I suppose you're right... the grass is always greener right
  3. S

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Ah! sorry to hear that. Yea well i think we are in the same boat (car) we will get this fixed up then get it off our hands ASAP for a more reliable vehicle - or more specifically for a brand with more integrity. Its a shame, for me its not so much the mechanical issues as it is their handling of...
  4. S

APIM replacement... location, part No, how to?

Wow, that was quick response... thank you so much for the guidance Platinum Owner! much appreciated.
  5. S

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Goodmank, did you find a solution here? My wifes 2011 ford explorer also has the APIM died and im at a point of fixing it myself since it seems simple enough... just trying to clarify what the part No it is, where it is located (behind control unit or somewhere else?), a quick 'how to' what I...
  6. S

APIM replacement... location, part No, how to?

Hey all - Our 2011 explorer main screen is dead. Disconnecting the battery at first restarted it but 2 days later dead again and the same fix no longer working. Dealer has been great they diagnosed it and said a module needs replaced (thinks he said the APIM but will double check). I am now...
Back